Thread: Lovely young Tri cavalier looking for a new home.

Default Lovely young Tri cavalier looking for a new home.

Under the "West of England's" rescue umbrella we have a lovely 10 month old Tri boy looking for a new home. He is with me at the moment and is just gorgeous. Very friendly with other dogs, loves his cuddles, adores his ball etc etc...he is a very, very nice active young Cavalier. He has come from a pet home and has been very well looked after and much loved, sad circumstances bring him into rescue. He has been neutered, micro-chipped, all vaccines up to date and recent kennel cough. He would be just as suitable with a family or someone home most of the day and of course he would just love another dog pal although he was kept as a single dog before.

If anyone would like to be considered in being his new owner please either send a PM to myself or go directly to the West of England rescue co-ordinator, telephone number can be found on the Cavalier King Charles Club web site www.thecavalierclub.co.uk under the Cavalier Rescue section.

Thank you,
    Alison.

I'm sure that he's absolutely lovely Photos

But I do wonder at what age he was neutered as I know that some vets are still stuck in the dark ages about 6 months. Alfie was done at 9 months for medical reasons, but there is now proof that dogs shouldn't be desexed until at least 12 months - and preferably longer, as the body needs the chemicals.

Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Neutered and chipped at 9 months before offered to us for re-homing Mark. In these circumstances I think it was the responsible thing to do, ensuring that he was never used for breeding in the future. I agree that neutering at 6 months for both sexes is too young but it seems that every rescue has this policy set in stone except for extreme health reasons.

Alison.

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting that you'd had him neutered.

Sadly, there are many "rescues" in the UK who don't do anything other than take the money - whilst promising that the dogs are vaccinated and desexed. There is a group in Eire, who set themselves up to help voluntarily transport dogs that needed to get to their forever or foster homes. They recently posted on Facebook that dogs they had voluntarily transported to Inistioge, Eire for foster care appeared for sale by Dorset Dog Rescue 48 hours later.

Facebook article

Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Now gone to his new home, happy ending

Alison.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavielove View Post
    Now gone to his new home, happy ending

Alison.
    Wonderful news. Another happy home filled with tri