Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest dig at Kennel Club over Cavalier health

Quote Originally Posted by Madam Grump View Post
    Sue, as per Sandra's post on FB, she asked the UK Cavalier Rescue Fund for help for the additional 57, and that's where the $7,500 went, to David's Fund. The 560 or thereabouts remaining from the PR Fund went to the 22nd November auction is my understanding.
    Thanks Sheena. Appreciate the clarification.
    Sue

Susan Shidler
    AKC Breeder of Merit
    SevenWoods Cavaliers
    Mettawa, IL USA

Quote Originally Posted by SevenWoods View Post
    Veronica, wasn't this amount for a specific UK dog to be rescued and rehomed with the breeder's friends? Or were there additional UK funds that were donated to the general cause?

Sue
    Which 'amount' are you talking about Sue?
    It's my understanding from Steve that the remaining money from the PR fund set up years ago has been donated for the veterinary care of the auctioned Cavaliers on the 22nd. I think I'm right in saying this money had been sitting in a bank doing nothing for several years, but Steve Mynott is the only person in a position to clarify this, as he was the treasurer for that fund.

As for the donation we are told Sandra is talking about, I've never seen either the post or the FB thread where this has supposedly been mentioned, but one thing I do know is that Sandra did not at any time have access to the PR fund.... that was Steve's job because finance is (or was at the time ) his profession.

Warm regards,
    Veronica.

she asked the UK Cavalier Rescue Fund for help for the additional 57
    What 'UK Rescue Fund' is that?

Veronica.

4. Default

As I understand it, Veronica, the charity set up by Joan Pagan. If you visit Ellen Seidman's FB page and scroll to 14th December you will see the exchange.

Of course, it is possible I completely misunderstood it.
    Last edited by Madam Grump; 12-19-2014 at 11:21 AM.
    Sheena Stevens

As I understand it, Veronica, the charity set up by Joan Pagan. If you visit Ellen Seidman's FB page and scroll to 14th December you will see the exchange.

Thanks for this information Sheena.... I'll go and take a look.

Regards,
    Veronica.

It appears the entire thread has been deleted Sheena. There is only one posting showing for the 14th December on Ellen's page, and that is regarding a visit to the UK Parliament? I read it right through, but there's no reference to money being donated from the UK .... so I'm none the wiser. Thanks anyway.

Regards,
    Veronica.

7. Default

It's still there, Veronica - sorry, it's the 16th. I really mus tlern to tip.
    Sheena Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Hull View Post
    Which 'amount' are you talking about Sue?
    It's my understanding from Steve that the remaining money from the PR fund set up years ago has been donated for the veterinary care of the auctioned Cavaliers on the 22nd. I think I'm right in saying this money had been sitting in a bank doing nothing for several years, but Steve Mynott is the only person in a position to clarify this, as he was the treasurer for that fund.

As for the donation we are told Sandra is talking about, I've never seen either the post or the FB thread where this has supposedly been mentioned, but one thing I do know is that Sandra did not at any time have access to the PR fund.... that was Steve's job because finance is (or was at the time ) his profession.

Warm regards,
    Veronica.
    Actually, Veronica, now I'm confused. As I understand it, a significant amount of money was donated to the fund by UK people to help a specific dog get to his breeder's friends instead of the general foster population. I was just wondering if the money being discussed was for this dog or the general fund. I'm probably getting too specific. The important thing is that they are all safe and being cared for. I would like an update on the dog, though.
    Sue

Susan Shidler
    AKC Breeder of Merit
    SevenWoods Cavaliers
    Mettawa, IL USA

I would like to make it quite clear that the $7500 donated to help the 57 Cavaliers has absolutely NOTHING to do with the PR Fund! I can't imagine why anyone should think it was! I have never had any access to this fund! I had appealed to the Rescue Charity for a donation as I knew there was a lot of money available. They very kindly agreed.
    Yes Susan a lot of money was raised for a certain dog. Like you I have no idea if he is with his breeders friend.
    Last edited by Sandra; 12-19-2014 at 03:08 PM.

10. Default

Don't know who rattled your cage, Sand, but I made that clear yesterday.
    Sheena Stevens