Thread: Blenhiem dog in Portsmouth

Question Blenhiem dog in Portsmouth

On Facebook I've been flagged this Blenheim boy, who's somewhere near Portsmouth. Anyone interested ?

Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Why hasn't she been in touch with his breeder?
    Sheena Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Madam Grump View Post
    Why hasn't she been in touch with his breeder?
    Well, like many cavaliers - it probably came from an ad in the local paper, or Gumtree, or Preloved. So the owner probably has no idea as to who the breeder is, or knows that the seller wouldn't have the dog back
    Last edited by Mark Ellis; 12-29-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Well, why not suggest breed rescue to her?
    Sheena Stevens

Somebody who lives near to the person contacted her with advice.

But we're aware that someone from a Facebook group called Saving Cavaliers UK also contacted them - which is a bad thing.

SCUK have a track record of taking donations from members by PayPal to buy dogs on Gumtree, etc that need rescuing. Volunteers were freely transporting bought dogs across the country in the belief that the dog was going to its Forever home, but we found out that they were just going to rescue centres - with the rescue charging the usual fee and pocketing it. We also found out that any whole dog was going to Pendle Dogs In Need (PDIN), and then vanishing without trace. There were allegations of PDIN breeding from these whole dogs.

Anyone who questioned what admin were up to, or publicly questioned what PDIN and admin were up to got instantly kicked off the group. I and many others left in disgust when one of the admin let slip how much was in the Paypal account, and we realised why there were so many transport requests. SCUK are also involved in a rescue in the West Country as well.

There is a fraud investigation going on

Quote Originally Posted by Madam Grump View Post
    Well, why not suggest breed rescue to her?
    Sheena I have lost count of the many people over the years that I have contacted on these internet sites that want to sell or re-home their Cavaliers offering to collect and take their Cavaliers into breed rescue for them all free of charge, offering an umbrella of security for their beloved dogs for the rest of their lives, offering a new "home checked" home with references, but it never happens....money near enough is the fall back, if they can get a few pounds for their dog they will sell it rather than give it away. I shudder at the bitches advertised as un-neutered and the dogs as whole dogs as we all know what fate they may find themselves in. I despair at it all I really do and many times I have ended up in tears just with the worry of it all.

Alison.

Oh Alison, I do know, and I didn't mean to sound casual. And if it's any help it's one of the reasons I stopped breeding - it's amazing who talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. I just hope your despair is matched by the joy when something goes right.
    Sheena Stevens