Thread: Thermal imagry for SM pain?

Default Thermal imagry for SM pain?

I was sent a link today which was from a lady who does thermal imagery on horses to detect pain...
    It had me thinking.... or maybe im being dead slow here and possibly already done, But, could doing the same for dogs with (confirmed) SM/CM be done to detect the level of pain they may be experiencing and the severity
    ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna (oakikoki) View Post
    I was sent a link today which was from a lady who does thermal imagery on horses to detect pain...
    It had me thinking.... or maybe im being dead slow here and possibly already done, But, could doing the same for dogs with (confirmed) SM/CM be done to detect the level of pain they may be experiencing and the severity
    ??

Interesting.

How I wish the vet and I could have assessed Rebel's levels of neuropathic pain more accurately than I think we did. Our dogs are so stoic they avoid letting us know they are suffering
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

A Thermal Imaging group attended the Southerns open show some time ago with the aim to collect MRI scan results and correlate them with their imaging results on the day.
    Many members volunteered their dogs and their results.....nothing was heard of it again as far as I know.

I remember the glamorous US Dr Marino at the seminar in ?2006? demonstrating thermal imagery if I'm not mistaken (these days, to be honest, I could be mistaken about practically anything) so it's obviously ongoing, but presumably not as high flying as some avenues.
    Sheena Stevens

Correct Mary and the Southern wasn't the only show think it was also done at the West of England, as you say, vanished off the face of the earth, no-one had any feedback
    Bridgette Evans
    Svena CKCS