Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the only one....... Bijou is a granny!

Blog Entries

How lovely - congratulations Hula.
    Sheila H [EMAIL="halls.1@hotmail.co.uk"]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Janelise View Post
    At last, a litter!! OK, just one puppy but Hula had been scanned so I knew that already. A ruby bitch, weighing in at 192 grams and feeding well. Hula is very protective.

I can thank the ruby Dad; Impy du Mont Berrue; for the right sex, but Hula is responsible for the colour. I’d have preferred a black and tan as I had a name lined up: Licorice. No, not Liquorice – something easier to spell for France.

This year's letter is "L" and as I often call Hula “Lulu” or “Loolyloos” I’ll have to think hard to find something not too similar. Luckily, although I have to register the litter within a week or so, I have eight weeks before I need a definitive name.

Jane
    how about lady as in lady and the tramp?

Hula and her puppy are in my bedroom. Last night, doing some ironing, I looked around the dogs in the sitting room and noticed one was missing. One was in a bed, a couple on the sofa.............. looked along the hall and there, nose pressed to the bottom of the door to my room, was Granny Bijou!

Remembering how protective she was of Jasmine as a baby kitten I am most certainly not going to let her in to see her granddaughter! I can imagine her trying to take over.

This morning I let the girls out then went back to collect Hula. She went out of the door and the instant Bijou saw her she galloped up, tail wagging furiously, and sniffed Hula all over. Then Jasmine appeared and tried to induce Hula to play. Hula just sort of shrugged them off, and was very quickly ready to come back indoors.

Jane

love this x

Congratulations on the new baby. Looking forward to all your stories about her growing up.
    Sue

Susan Shidler
    AKC Breeder of Merit
    SevenWoods Cavaliers
    Mettawa, IL USA

My brain is clearly not in gear. I speak reasonable French and the French for "the" is "Le" masculine or "La" feminine.... all I have to do is find a nice feminine name.

Ellie Mordecai of the Millhill affix has been doing this for some time.........

The first that sprang into my head was "La Belle Rouge" - "The Pretty Red" which is also a play on words as "Label rouge", "red label" is a sign of quality of certain foodstuffs. Then I thought maybe that isn't quite appropriate.....

I’ve also discovered a word “lickerish” which means greedy – I don’t think I’ll use that, either.

La Puppy is doing nicely, gaining weight steadily and looking glossy and content.

Jane

and now as yet unnamed puppy has her eyes open and she is walking - well, tottering, here are a few photos. The Pooh bear was a present from a friend and Puppy took to it immediately, ignoring the woolly lamb that I'd given her! Hula is quite happy for Jasmine to come and look.

Jane

Blog Entries

Ooh she's lovely -feeling the need for another one

Sheila

Totally precious!
    Sue

Susan Shidler
    AKC Breeder of Merit
    SevenWoods Cavaliers
    Mettawa, IL USA

Today Puppy is four weeks old. Already!!!! While Hula was out I allowed Bijou to see her granddaughter - she was SO happy but took some persuasion to leave. I am not yet going to let Bijou near her while Hula is around as I have a suspicion that Bijou will try to take over and I don't want any confrontations. I took some photos - not great as the sun was shining in through the window.

On another subject, Bijou had her eye control on Monday and Dr Goulle is VERY happy with her and the next appointment is in September. The graft is still good and the interior of the eye healthy, and there is good surface pressure and tear production, almost identical in each eye. It amused me that his methd of testing whether she can see out of the eye that was operated on was simpy to cover the other eye with his hand and then drop something fairly lightweight from above hisi head in front of her. She clearly sees it, as her ears go up and then her head follows it as it drops to the floor! On the way out I saw a couple with two rather nice King Charles: I didn't recognise them, but the dogs are regularly shown by the man's sister Bijou was delighted to greet them.

Jane