Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the only one....... Bijou is a granny!

Lovely photos..........
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Smile Awwwwwwwwwww .........

Bijou clearly loves this baby - the look on her face says " Mum, look what I've got !! "
    Jenny at Erinport
    Where Excellence Without Exaggeration Counts

I think puppy’s name is going to be "Let It Be Me", virtually impossible to translate into French but when I tried it out on some French friends they understood the meaning and liked it. A couple thought it was the Beatles “Let It Be” but when I said “Elvis” they understood. Lettie has now been outside in the sunshine and also been in the sitting room with granny Bijou, "Aunties" Rascally, Raziela, Goldi and Jasmine the cat - and touched noses but no more with the boys and Tchi. I have old fashioned loudspeakers that sit almost on the floor, and had the television on. I channel the sound through the amplifier as the TV sound is pretty naf, and at one point Lettie was sitting next to a speaker, looking at it and cocking her head from side to side as if wondering where the sound came from.

After slipping a bit on the tiled floor she has now got a fair turn of speed, but cannot climb into Rascally’s bed. It's lower than hers, but the edges are rounded fabric so she can’t get a grip. I should not have laughed at her frustration….: she sat down and gave a funny little “humph” noise and then yapped, just once, at the bed. I put down a cushion that she was able to climb onto, and she fell asleep quickly. It took her about two hours to work out where her bedroom (mine) was in relation to the sitting room – not bad, I thought.

Here are some photos of her outside, and a lovely sunset!

Jane
    Last edited by Janelise; 03-11-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Blog Entries

what a sweetheart -I'm going all broody
    Sheila H [EMAIL="halls.1@hotmail.co.uk"]

I had to go to some friends, just a few minutes’ drive away, and thought it would be an ideal moment to introduce Lettie to car travel. They have been here, so she’s met them. She has been in and out of the cat carrying crate a few times, so was not unhappy at being enclosed. It was when the engine started and we began to move that she began to yell. I had the crate strapped into the passenger seat, but refrained from touching her. I could not believe that such a small creature could make such a row! She had more or less calmed down by the time we reached our destination, and it did occur to me that perhaps it wasn’t the journey but rather that she doesn’t like Hank Williams junior, the music I was playing.

Once in the house I just opened the door of the crate. She came out very cautiously but within about a minute had discovered their cat’s bed, and toys. Ollie had retreated in disgust at the sight of this little creature! Or, possibly, he smelt the crate. Jasmine had travelled to the vet in it recently, when she was spayed. Ollie has a toy, a little furry thing on tiny wheels, operated by pulling a string. Lettie chased the toy and picked it up at least twice, but didn’t carry it far. They have a wood burning stove and she approached it looking up rather inquisitively; she’s never seen flames before.

She found her way into the kitchen and probably helped herself to some of Ollie’ biscuits, but I thought they wouldn’t hurt. We were then occupied with the errand I’d gone for, and suddenly realised she was nowhere to be seen! Well, not quite: I had put my jacket on top of the crate and she had got into the fold where it touched the floor, and was asleep.

Lettie slept all the way home, no crying – even though I was still playing Hank. Once home she woke and yawned, so I put the crate in the newly fenced bit of garden and opened the door, so she came out and investigated the grass. Needless to say, when I let Hula out to see her Hula was overjoyed: I’d put her with the other girls in the dog room, but maybe she had wondered why I was keeping her from her baby.

It must have been quite an adventure as Lettie ate her lunch and then slept for about four hours! She ate a normal amount then, but when I gave her dinner she polished it all off, so I gave her a little more.

Jane

more photos - I haven't yet made the steps to get into my room, which is also the puppy room, and has the small fenced area in front. It doesn't matter - Lettie is able to climb on the small brick and then scramble up - I think she may have the agility gene I loved the time she snuck into Rascally's bed and cuddled up to sleep. I didn't manage a photo, but one evening there were Rascally, Jasmine the cat and Lettie all together in that bed.

Jane

Smile Awwwwwwwwww............

Lovely photos Jane, the baby is looking ever so sweet
    Jenny at Erinport
    Where Excellence Without Exaggeration Counts

Latest update as she is now seven weeks old. Already.

The doorbell rang. It was a neighbour with a small girl in tow! This is the first time Lettie has met a child and they were both entranced with each other.

When they left, Lettie and Hula went into the dog room, where Lettie played with Jasmine.

Then she ventured out into the big outside, further than she's ever been before, playing with granny Bijou and watched by Jasmine.

Jane
    Last edited by Janelise; 03-26-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Lettie was a bit startled when she reached the cherry tree, but I didn't manage a photo of that. She and Bijou wore themselves out, but Mum Hula was available for a quick snack under my desk

I duplicated a photo...derrrr

Jane
    Last edited by Janelise; 03-26-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Beautiful pictures
    Plenty of lovely fresh air around your place Jane, it looks an idyllic location to live in. Truly envious!

Alison.