Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi from Ollie, I am a tricolour male puppy and will be ten weeks old in a couple of days.

I am learning a lot from my owners Stella and George and I hope to learn more tips on this Forum that I can pass onto them to help me as I grow up.

Smile Hello

Welcome to our forum, hope you all enjoy being with us
    Jenny at Erinport
    Where Excellence Without Exaggeration Counts

Thank You Jenny, seems very quiet in this Forum though.

Default Ah.........

.........I would think that's because so many now use Facebook
    Jenny at Erinport
    Where Excellence Without Exaggeration Counts

Jenny is right: I see lots of Cavalier related news and items from people who are on this forum on Facebook, but they don’t post them to this forum. I’m sure there are plenty of others. I try to keep my Facebook friends down those people I actually know, as otherwise it would just take too much time to look at it. If I put a dog related post on Facebook I tend to repeat it on Cavalier Chat (type it in Word and copy it…) but think I probably put more on Chat than on Facebook. Sadly this does mean that a lot of interesting items pass me, and other people, by. I’d love to see more show news with photos on the Forum, or photos of litters – NOT as publicity for selling them, of course, but for interest.

Anyway, Ollie, welcome, and please ask Stella and George to post some photos of you!!!!!

My newest puppy, Lettie, a single puppy, is seven weeks old today and plays with her Mum, Granny and the cat, sleeps with the pensioners, is ignored by one older girl and is an object of curiosity to the boys!

Jane

Hi Jane, I think you are all right, Facebook seems to have taken over, however like yourself I prefer to discuss and post in a Forum with people who are interested in the subject and not just browsing through gossip.

Ollie asked if I could post some photos, I will try and do just that at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Hi Jane, I think you are all right, Facebook seems to have taken over, however like yourself I prefer to discuss and post in a Forum with people who are interested in the subject and not just browsing through gossip.

Ollie asked if I could post some photos, I will try and do just that at the weekend.

And photos are compulsory
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Yes photos are compulsory.... And welcome.. Yes a lot of people use Facebook but we try and use both sites....
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Ollie biting: usually a pup's mother will reprimand him or her if he bites too hard, but biting is a part of a puppy growing up.

I've found a fairly effective way is when a puppy bites to push my hand back into their mouth - it is uncomfortable for them and seems, to me, a bit kinder than what I was first advised That was a little shake of the scruff of the neck; I don't mean lifting them up, but just getting hold of that loose skin and giving a little shake.

Of course when a puppy is teething it needs to chew, so I attempt to have acceptable "chew" items available.

Jane