Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEFRA response - Lepto 4

Lexie had the lump reaction from Zoetis, but as far as I can tell she is fine. She was a grade 3 at both injections.
    Katie had the Nobivac L4 some months before I got her. She also has a Grade 3, and was only 3 and 4 months when I got her
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

It would have been interesting to know Katie's heart condition before she was vaccinated.

I'm a bit unsure about UK heart grades are they are dependent on the vet’s ears! I was told a dog had a dreadful murmur and it turned out the cardiologist had tinnitus or something as the after effect of a cold or something.

Jane

Whilst in the vets tonight with Bertie, another dog was being transferred to doggie hospital.... they had become very ill very quickly after having the Lepto 4 vaccination, previously having nothing wrong with them.. The owner was distraught... She is going to report the adverse effect to the appropriate body..... It was the same vet that I had had a battle with over Bertie's booster in August that was treating them... Maybe they will take notice...
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Hi Julie, I do hope so! I did wonder with Vincent if the reason was that his heart wasn't good, although he actually displayed no symptoms of MVD. It was almost two weeks after the vaccine that he became ill. I was glad that my vet took it seriously enough to report it: I know I've been here a long time but I do get the feeling that more vets here tend to listen better to the owners.

What I now worry about is the other dogs. They've all had the vaccine with no major after effects: just a small lump on the site which didn't bother them and really didn't seem much different to the lumps that dogs have had after other vaccines. This is an area where leptospirosis is known, so I think they need the vaccine. I shall ask the vet if the old vaccine is still available.

Jane

Jane

The vaccines are becoming more aggressive... I would keep to something that you know will not affect them... if you can
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16