Thread: Downsbank Sea Whispers. 24/5/2000-18/5/2015.

Default Downsbank Sea Whispers. 24/5/2000-18/5/2015.

Also known as Lovely old Bonnie, slipped peacefully away early this morning with the help of my very caring vet.

Bonnie came to me through my regional branch of rescue last September after her owner had very sadly died. On arrival she was already frail with her heart in a very delicate condition and the wrench from where she knew and her owner that she adored had naturally upset her as well. The move for her was difficult but she soon settled in and made friends with the other girls here but we knew her health was poor and so we just enjoyed every day as it came.

The last few weeks saw a rapid decline with her health and mobility. The decision was so hard but to leave her as she was just wasn't an option to me as she deserved the very best of care and a good quality of life... she was now beginning to struggle.

With very caring hands she was helped over the Rainbow Bridge very early this morning, 6 days short of her 15th birthday.
    I hope she ran like the wind to find her mum and may they be together again and never parted.

To have cared for her was a privilege, to have loved her was just easy but to say goodbye was heart breaking. Bonnie was with me for just 8 months but the hole she has left is huge, she was my every thought and I guess on reflection the days and weeks revolved around her being always with me and just simply caring for her.

Be at peace now my sweet little one, my dear Bonnie xx

Alison.
    Last edited by Cavielove; 05-18-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Such sad news. It is so hard for a dog to lose their owner and you helped to make her last months happy. It wasn't a bad age, and as she'd already been frail it shows how well you'd cared for her.

Jane

Bless her and you Alison for making her last few months as comfortable as possible.
    Bridgette Evans
    Svena CKCS

Thankyou for giving her love and comfort in her last months Alison, I understand your heartache.

Run free Bonnie and find your other Mistress.
    Warm wishes,
    Ruth

So hard to find the reward when you know you've done the right thing but it hurts ... well done, Alison.
    Sheena Stevens

So sorry to hear this news.... She found love after losing her first love... You gave her everything.... Run free little girl..
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Blog Entries

Poor Bonnie. She must have been absolutely devastated to be parted from her beloved first mistress like that, but how wonderful you were to give her the loving and patient care that she was lavished with for the remaining 8 months of her life. I know what it's like when you have an elderly and frail dog; as you say, the first and last thoughts of every day is about the poorly one.

Run free sweet Bonnie.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Blog Entries

So sorry to hear about Bonine but It's good she found such loving care at the end. She can run with her first mum now.
    Sheila H [EMAIL="halls.1@hotmail.co.uk"]

Unhappy Condolences

So sad to see your news - run free Bonnie - R I P
    Jenny at Erinport
    Where Excellence Without Exaggeration Counts