Thread: Introducing myself

Benoni, 32km east of Johannesburg, Tvl, South Africa

Default Introducing myself

Hi, I am Dorothy Berry, residing in Benoni near Johannesburg, South Africa. I have owned and showed Cavaliers since 2002. I was first attracted to the breed when I was looking for something a bit smaller than my Dalmatians to show (I can no longer run fast enough). After considering and rejecting the idea of a number of breeds I happened to meet a Blenheim Cavalier and after chatting to his owner put my name down on the lengthy waiting list. I finally obtained a Tri boy "Digby", who unfortuately was stolen four years later. I currently own four Cavs, my Blenheim boy "Manny" who came from New Zealand's Prestonville kennels, a locally bred Tri boy "Toby", a Tri girl "Georgia" who I imported from Glengariff kennels in New Zealand, and a 5 month old Tri "Charlotte" who is the daughter of Manny and Georgia.

I look forward to being a member of Cavalier Chat.

Hi and welcome to our cavalier community.... Do you have any photos of your lovely Cavalier "family"??
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Smile Hello

Pleased to welcome you here Dorothy
    Jenny at Erinport
    Where Excellence Without Exaggeration Counts

Blog Entries

Welcome to 'chatters' Dorothy. There are quite a few show people here already to get to know.

I am besotted with tris as I think you might be too from looking at details of the dogs you own. I have owned, shown and loved Cavaliers since 1982; all particolours and mostly tris.

Do you know Angie Thornton in Benoni? She founded TOP Dogs in Benoni (Touch Our Pets) who do therapy work with dogs in hospitals and other care facilities. Angie has 4 Cavaliers, all of whom are qualified TOP dogs.
    Last edited by ByFloSin; 06-26-2015 at 06:25 PM.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Benoni, 32km east of Johannesburg, Tvl, South Africa

Default Yes, I know Angie

Quote Originally Posted by ByFloSin View Post
    Do you know Angie Thornton in Benoni? She founded TOP Dogs in Benoni (Touch Our Pets) who do therapy work with dogs in hospitals and other care facilities. Angie has 4 Cavaliers, all of whom are qualified TOP dogs.
    Yes, Flo, I know Angie and her dogs. For a time we tried to use Manny as a therapy dog, but unfortunately he's a "marker" and Angie couldn't accept him if he wore a belly band. I no longer drive (eyesight), so I didn't try with the others. Pity, 'cos it would have been suitable for Toby. Toby will not be used for breeding as he's a carrier for CC/DE. I know AHT say they should not be withdrawn from breeding programmes, but though his sire is a German import there are not all that many Cavs here, so I didn't feel it was right to take a chance of producing 50% carriers.

Dorothy

Hi Dorothy,

welcome! I fell in love with Cavaliers totally by accident - my first, bought as a pet, was born in 1977. Her father, though, became a UK champion and his owner persuaded me to breed from her. She lived to 15 1/2. In the house I now have Cavaliers ranging in age from 4 months to 14 years 9 months, and they keep me entertained and busy! They're all wholecolours.

May we see photos of yours, please???

Jane

Hello and welcome, Dorothy - it's nice to have a wide network!
    Sheena Stevens

Welcome Dorothy I just adore my Cavaliers as well. I took the path to working with Cavalier rescue many years ago and never looked back, so all mine are rescues ... they come and go but many do stay!

Alison.