Thread: three shows within a month....

Default three shows within a month....

It would be so boring if every judge had the same opinion – but it is interesting how judges’ opinions can change over a few weeks….. Yes, dogs can change.

At a breed specialty at Cahors a month ago, Hula was second in Open and Lettie third in Intermediate. They were both graded excellent, and as the same judge (a last minute replacement for the scheduled judge) had given Lettie a très bon when he judged her in May, I was pleased. The winner of Open won the CAC and Hula challenged for the reserve, but it went to the winner of Intermediate.

A week later was Brive International show, not a breed specialty and a judge who’d last judged Hula in junior. He awarded Hula the CAC then the reserve CACIB; Lettie second in Intermediate; the winner of Intermediate won the reserve CAC. A friend took a photo of Hula with me.

Last weekend at Sorges was the same judge as at Cahors. This time Lettie won Intermediate and the CAC; Hula won Open and the reserve CAC. “She is very elegant” the judge said of Lettie. Reading the judging slips for the two days was interesting, as a month ago Lettie had plaited on the move but on Sunday she moved well.

This is the second time Lettie has beaten Hula for the CAC! I see her as very immature still, but it is clear on reading the judging slips that sometimes she moves better than others. All three shows were on grass, although very different! Cahors was lush as it is a sports field that is well watered while Brive and Sorges were parched. Lettie clearly moves better on dry grass: the other show where she beat Hula was also on parched grass.

Jane
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

She's lovely...looks like she's sticking her tongue out at the camera, I'm sure she was just hot though
    Sheila H [EMAIL="halls.1@hotmail.co.uk"]

It was about 32° - 35° and as soon as the photos were taken we went back into the shade. One reason I love Brive show is that exhibitors get a free pass to use the underground car park so we are able to return to cool cars Having said that, last year it poured down with rain!

Jane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Janelise View Post
    It was about 32° - 35° and as soon as the photos were taken we went back into the shade. One reason I love Brive show is that exhibitors get a free pass to use the underground car park so we are able to return to cool cars Having said that, last year it poured down with rain!

Jane
    Phew... and to think I was complaining the other day when it was a mere 25°
    Sheila H [EMAIL="halls.1@hotmail.co.uk"]

I've got to the point where I consider 28° to be comparatively cool - it is currently 26° and I was almost wondering whether to get a cardigan as there's a cooling breeze!! To be fair, this IS the hottest and driest summer in this region since records began, and the last record was reached in 2005. On Wedneday it hit 38.7° at Biarritz. It's due to gett hotter here again, peaking at 35° on Tuesday, then cooling to 27° by the 23rd.

Yes, far too hot, far too dry and not pleasant. I put out water for bees and butterflies, and the birds, and find it quite amazing that there seem to be plenty of butterflies about, mostly taking nectar from wild mint flowers.

The vendange (grape picking for wine) started a bit early as there was no chance of more rain and if it did come it would probably just damage the grapes.

Jane