Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Partner in crime.

Many thanks for the suggestion. I don't subscribe to Facebook so unfortunately it isn't an option for us.

We met a couple whilst we were on holiday in September ( they breed, show and judge ) and mentioned it to them. They have said they will ask around at any shows they attend.

Yesterday we registered with a "local" rescue who usually re home only small dogs and have, in the past few weeks placed four cavaliers ( including two lovely little ladies while we were waiting for the other rescue to sort out the home check !).

We know we have to be patient but feel that little Megs would benefit so much from a new house mate. She has become very clingy and barks at the slightest thing. She also spends ages sitting on the back of a chair staring out the window - looking for Kizzy ? - something she has never done before.
    Stephanie.....and two little ladies.

I've just realised that you don't seem to have mentioned Cavalier rescue. Have a look a the club site

http://www.thecavalierclub.co.uk/start.html

and then you can click on the different regions

Jane

Regional Club’s Rescue and Welfare Contacts

Point to Region to obtain the Contacts Details
    Tel 01205 872066.
    Email: david.sedgbeer@btinternet.com
    (Registered Charity No: 1104112)
    Web Site: United Kingdom Cavalier Rescue

Thank you again for the suggestions. We have registered with both the Cavalier rescue (Sedgbeer) and with the Humberside "branch" ( Moffat ?) which is where Megs came to us from. We scan the Cavalier Rescue site every day and there are often dogs listed but lots of them are in Northern Ireland.

As I said we have to be patient and know that eventually the right dog will be waiting for us.

Again, many thanks for your suggestions.

Red face Update 27/11

We are still searching for a new family member. We think that, maybe, we are looking for a dog that doesn't exist - Kizzy is a hard act to follow - and have decided to possibly look for a puppy. To this end we have contacted someone involved with the breed puppy register who didn't know of anyone with litters at the moment and a couple of breeders with health registered dogs who do have litters. One of them hasn't replied and the other one only has a male left .

We will continue to look both at rescue sites and for new litters but if anyone has any other ideas/ suggestions etc or knows of any litters now or due - please let us know. We're open to ideas

Megs is starting to seem more settled but we think she'd really love new playmate to snuggle up with.

Many thanks.

Stephanie, how far are you prepared to travel?
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

We're happy to travel any where within reason but I do have to say that a rescue/ re home will still be our first choice. We've also contacted one or two people about the possibility of adopting a "failed" / retired show dog. No success there either

It's getting near to Christmas now and we're wondering whether it would be fair to bring a dog into a new home, with the change of routine and having family coming and going so may put everything on hold until the New Year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Itsonlyme View Post
    We're happy to travel any where within reason but I do have to say that a rescue/ re home will still be our first choice. We've also contacted one or two people about the possibility of adopting a "failed" / retired show dog. No success there either

It's getting near to Christmas now and we're wondering whether it would be fair to bring a dog into a new home, with the change of routine and having family coming and going so may put everything on hold until the New Year.
    I think that is very wise Steph. Going to a new home is difficult enough, but coping with Christmas when you don't know your way around can be traumatic.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Default Change of plan.

After looking unsuccessfully for the right companion for Megs on numerous rescue web sites, we heard from a forum member of someone (also a forum member) who has a litter of puppies from health tested parents. We visited them earlier this week and to cut a long story short we are hoping to bring Megs new baby "sister" home to Nottingham just after Christmas. I'll start a new thread when she arrives

Many, many thanks to all those who offered suggestions and especially the "informant" and Pup's breeder.

Glad you've finally found one, and sure little NutMeg will be happy with the company.

Looking forward to the compulsory photos
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

So pleased you have found a little friend for Nut Meg.. I'm sure she will be thrilled (as you will be too)
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16