Thread: She wasnt a Cavalier but....

Default She wasnt a Cavalier but....

16 years ago I stepped out onto the path of Cavalier Rescue. With the help of my resident Shelties and over the time of 16 years we adopted ourselves 26 ex breeding Cavaliers and many more were fostered by us.

Today has been a sad day as my last remaining Sheltie took her path to the Rainbow Bridge early this morning. A day of reflection and a day of many memories and a lot of tears has followed. They all showed many a Cavalier love and kindness, gave up their beds to accommodate them and taught them what love, trust and kindness was.

Daisy at 11 years was crippled with arthritis and it was a very hard call to release her from her pain this morning. Many of us have been there and we know the agony that it is to say farewell to a lovely dog and friend.
    My days of rescue are now sadly in the past as they did it all for me and I couldn't do it without them. All I can say is thank you Meg, Rosie and Daisy my beautiful Shelties for being a friend to so many little ones.

I have three rescues left with me, all old but very happy girls, all showered thankfully by the gift of Daisy's kindness.
    Miss you so much my wonderful girls xxx.

Alison.

So very sorry to hear your sad news.

Take care.
    Stephanie.....and two little ladies.

So sorry to hear your news... They are all so precious to us...
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

I'm so sorry. We have all been there and know how hard it is. She left you many happy memories, and three Cavaliers who benefitted from Daisy's lovely nature.

Blog Entries

So sorry Alison. Sleep tight sweet Daisy, knowing how dearly you were loved.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Blog Entries

Really sorry Alison, its so hard to let them go. I've had Sheltie's too and they share many Cavalier traits, they are so loving and kind. Rest in peace little Daisy
    Sheila H [EMAIL="halls.1@hotmail.co.uk"]

So sorry about Daisy, but she'll no longer have to bear any more pain now. You obviously have some lovely memories of her, which I hope will help with the sadness of your loss.

My sister used to keep (and occasionally breed) Shelties and they seemed to get on quite well with my Cavaliers. She used to laugh at the boys as there's (as you know) such a huge contrast between little Sheltie fluff balls with their dainty pointy faces and almond eyes, and the Cavaliers with broad heads, snub noses, and big round eyes. One of my very favourite memories is my two previous boys and 3 or 4 of her Shelties sitting on a row in front of me and all taking it in turns to do tricks (shake hands or "say please") to get a treat. :-)

Rosemary