Thread: New Litter

Benoni, 32km east of Johannesburg, Tvl, South Africa

Smile New Litter

I'm thrilled to announce that Georgia (Glengariff Moon Shadow of Kurranulla, Imp NZ) has had a litter of six puppies (3 Tri boys, 2 Tri girls and 1 Blenheim girl). They were born by caesarean section last night (New Year's Day). Dad Murphy is the son of my Manny (Ch.Prinzton Solitary Man at Prestonville, Imp NZ). So far all healthy. I am over the moon - maybe the official name for one of them?! - as her previous litters have been smaller and due to stillbirths we finished up with only two and then one. I imported my two in the hopes of helping to improve the breed, particularly healthwise, in this country, so small litters were a huge disappointment (especially as one new owner had her pup castrated despite having an agreement with me to keep him available for stud). The parents are both MRI-graded A (that's under the old grading), are heart and eye clear and DNA tested clear of CC/DE and EF.

And the Blenheim girl I'm keeping has a lozenge!

Dorothy

What an exellent start to the New Year! I hope Georgia gets over the caesarian OK: such a shame she needed it. Over The Moon is a lovely name

This year in France the official name must start with "N", and here the affix generally follows the name. The first litter I bred in France was in an "O" year - not every letter of the alphabet is used. Bit of a shock to realise I've been here that long.

Hope they continue to thrive!

Jane

Huge Congratulations Dorothy
    Hugs for mum & pups!

Alison.

[QUOTE=Janelise;
    This year in France the official name must start with "N", and here the affix generally follows the name.
    QUOTE]

Thanks Jane, so far so good, but of course it's early days.

Many of us here use a theme for each litter, though most of my Dalmatians had Welsh names (my late husband being Welsh). So you might for instance have a theme of gemstones, spices, betting, classical music and so on. I couldn't work out anything on Manny who sired the first two litters so I used Georgia's registered name as the basis. From the first litter came Harvest Moon and Hunter's Moon and the sole survivor of the second litter was Kiwi Moon in honour of his parents' origin. I have several ideas for this litter, but we are confined to 15 characters maximum including spaces, which precludes some of the things I really like!

Now, trying to get Mom out of the house to go and "puddle" - finally put cottage cheese in her dish and let her lick it to the doorway, put a bit more in and continued like that till I could close the door, pick her up and put her outside!

Kind regards
    Dorothy

Thanks Alison.

Dorothy

What a lovely start to the the New Year for you!

Rosemary