Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Rescue/Rehome

Default Looking for a Rescue/Rehome

Little Sydney has stopped playing, lost his confidence and is just lying down...

We have registered with a couple of rescue centres (have to do the Cavalier club one yet!) and we have had a home check. So we are just waiting to here from them.

The bug bear is that Sydney is not neutered.. A long story but we signed an agreement with his breeder that we should health check and if he was deemed suitable, they could breed from him... Sydney is 6 now and is fully clear of SM, heart, eye, CC/DE & EF and still no one wants him.... Sigh.. another story...

But Sydney needs company.. This was proved when the lady that came to home check brought her SBT rescue bitch with her...... Sydney's face lit up and there were two very happy dogs romping around our house for over 30 minutes... He's gone back in to his shell now

I still haven't lost all hope that Sydney may be bred from, but I really don't want anything that may stop us rehoming. Devil and the deep blue sea, so to say...

Question: Do I approach the breeder with these facts OR do I plough on and try and rehome... Last option would be a pup..

Any advice would be appreciated..

Thanks
    Last edited by julieb7; 12-28-2016 at 08:03 PM.
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Blog Entries

The last dog I bred was Easter in the 1990s. Over a period of time she lost her parents one by one, then her elder sister who I had also kept. She developed both gastroenteritis and diarrhea in alternate bouts for 3 months after Victoria went. Both involved considerable loss of blood at both ends. The vet tried everything for 3 months, then told me he had run out of options and I should prepare for the worst.

By then I had found puppy Hattie. The vet thought the shock of a new 8 week old pup would kill Easter so I delayed getting Hattie for a week, then went for it. Easter was a changed dog in about 24 hours. It's called Separation Anxiety, which both Easter and now Sydney have experienced.

Puppies can work miracles and that's a promise. GO GET A PUPPY.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Hi

Is Sydney KC registered, or just a whole dog that some pet owner thought was worthy of breeding from one day?

I've got a B&T spayed bitch here that I frequently think of passing on, but probably wouldn't at the end of the day.

Looking for the right dog can be a long search. And I think that's the difference with my beloved Alfie and also of Lexie. They were just cavs looking for a new home that I willingly took.

Someone told me once that whole colours shed their fur less - so are better in the house, but as I keep finding black hair everywhere (including on top of the toilet cistern ??????) I now know that to be utter ullucks

IMG_0436-Lexie-Katie-Chili-Dec-24-2016.jpg
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Thank you for coming back to me.

Mark... Sydney is KC reg and was bred to be bred from ironically... The breeder did the right thing and stopped breeding from their stock when both Jake and Bertie's SM symptoms came to light. Imported and chose a stud dog wisely.. Sydney was the only boy from that litter and as far as I know, the only litter.. 3 health clear generations!.. he's only 1 - 2" too tall for the show ring and breeders are frightened of "big" pups!!! For goodness sake... he's healthy!!.. Rant over.

I would dearly love a puppy Flo... I'm a little scared of another SM journey that's all... I could wait forever for a fully health tested parent/litter... The waiting lists for reputable breeders are long... So I've been told..

I've waited for Sydney to produce... But Bertie couldn't wait...

Just seems the right thing to rescue if at all possible...

At the moment... Any friend would do for Sydney.
    Last edited by julieb7; 12-28-2016 at 11:25 PM.
    Julie, Peter,

Julie, I know just how you are feeling. Nutmeg has been so out of sorts since losing Kizzy. She is much better now when we are out and about but mopes around the house and suffers terrible separation problems. If we are home but she can't see one of us she seems to panic and to see her so upset is heart breaking. She has to cuddle right up close to one of us when we are sitting in a chair so that if we move she feels it and moves wherever we go with us. It's almost as if having lost one member of her pack she is worried that another is leaving her as well.

We searched for weeks for a rescue but it has to be the "right" one and in the end we decided to look for a puppy as well. As it happened, someone we know ( on the forum) knew someone who had a litter of puppies. Both parents are health tested and clear of everything so we know we have done all we can to find a healthy pup but are also aware that nothing in life is guaranteed.

I am sure there will be the 'right' dog out there for you and Sydney somewhere. Fingers crossed that you find him or her soon.
    Stephanie.....and two little ladies.

I never thought that Sydney would have taken this so badly... Initially he did play and run around, but has sank in to a deep depression. Sydney was always the confident one too...

It is heartbreaking to see this happening before our eyes...

The search continues... all avenues
    Julie, Peter,

Speak to Annette Flower she has one bred by her looking for a new home
    Bridgette Evans
    Svena CKCS

Would you be able to PM her contact details please.

And thank you
    Julie, Peter,

Julie, I've PM'd you!!!

Jane

This all sounds very exciting! Everything crossed here for you Julie Keep us updated and I hope you find a Cavalier very soon.

Mark, if the thought crosses your mind again about your B&T girl being re-homed then drop me a message

Alison.