Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please say Hello .....

We had a lovely day yesterday. Asha went outside to toilet all day, ate all her meals, had fun playing with an assortment of toys, enjoyed a little walk with lots of sniffing on the local park, cat napped happily and did a bit of "obedience" training. From about eight o'clock we tried to keep her calm - ish and put her to bed around ten thirty. We thought that if she's going to complain wherever she's put she may as well go into the enclosed crate and for a few minutes she was fine, After plenty of intermittent digging and whining she eventually settled at 3,30 am - so I suppose it was a slight improvement
    Stephanie.....and two little ladies.

I'd put Meg's crate in the same room as Asha at night, even if it's the other side of the puppy pen.

Both Lexie and Katie had to sleep in the hallway when they first came here, with just a stair gate in the doorway separating them from the resident dog
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Asha went straight into her crate last night without a sound and slept for about three hours - which I think is the most she's slept in one go since arriving here in the Midlands. No digging at all and just the occasional bout of whinging between then and 6.30 this morning, so we're hoping that at last she is starting to accept her night time bed! She's proving to be a quick learner and is often asking to be let out to toilet - clever girl.

Still enjoying her little walks and LOVES playing with tuggie toys/ balls/ etc both indoors and outside. Asha has now learned and accepts a "get out your sister's face" command so Megs is happier too. They will share one bed in the kitchen but we're keeping the sofa as a Megs only space - so she can still have a get away place when she's had enough.

All in all we're happy with the progress and she's SO cute and lovable.

Alfie was never allowed on the settee unless I had him in my lap. Then Lexie arrived and I let him up for a bit of peace and hierarchy, but Lexie was a mountain goat and could jump up on to chairs and settees from when she arrived at 11 weeks.

Let Megs sleep in the kitchen with Asha, even if in separate corners. Will give her comfort after the separation from her family

DSCF3517.jpg DSCF1879-Alfie.jpg DSCF1890-Alfie.jpg DSCF1892-Alfie.jpg

Megs only goes on the sofa by "invitation" and Asha can jump up onto it but has soon learned what "OFF" means, responding immediately.

The two crates are in the same room but as I've said I really don't think being parted from Megs is Asha's problem as they are not close together all through the day - she just wants company which is understandable.

Only two sleeps until our little Harvey arrives.. Watching this thread for tips... Hopefully all is panning out...... for Megs, Asha and YOU...
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Quote Originally Posted by Itsonlyme View Post
    The two crates are in the same room ...
    Ohhh, I thought Megs was in another room at night

Quote Originally Posted by julieb7 View Post
    Only two sleeps until our little Harvey arrives.. Watching this thread for tips... Hopefully all is panning out...... for Megs, Asha and YOU...
    So excited for you. Have a safe journey and hope Sydney is happy with his new playmate.

Here in Nott. we feel as if we have won the lottery, only better.

Asha went straight to her crate last night and slept for EIGHT hours without a murmur. We had to do some shopping this morning and left the dogs in the kitchen with two beds but when we came back they were curled up together in the same one . Megs is still wary of Asha when she jumps about but obviously feels comfortable enough with her to allow her into "her" bed.

We may have some "hiccoughs" to come but are very happy with the way things are going.

Stephanie.....and two little ladies

So pleased to hear that they are comfortable together, it's something I have worried about since knowing we were getting Harvey.. Sydney not taking to him.. I don't think that will happen because even though Sydney is 6, he's still a big puppy!!
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Quote Originally Posted by julieb7 View Post
    ... it's something I have worried about since knowing we were getting Harvey...
    Just supervise them in the same room and let them get on with it. The puppy/new comer needs to be allowed to play with the existing resident for long enough that the resident finally steps up and corrects the new comer.

Even the cat curls up with them some days, although some days she's actually cleared the dogs off the settee

DSCF1424-Lexie-chili-curl-October-22-2016.jpg DSCF1265-Chili-Katie-cuddle-October-8-2016.jpg IMG_0531-Katie-Lexie-Chili-Jan-19-2017.jpg