Thread: Frustrated!!!!

Default Frustrated!!!!

This year I am doing something positive that is feasible now I donít have the older dogs who need extra care. I have found a very good and reliable dog sitter, properly registered and insured, who lives just ten minutes from me and on whose lap Goldi sat within about ten minutes of her first visit. Iíve accepted a 20 year old invitation to visit my only older cousin, who lives in Australia - I leave in a week. I admit his wife phoned me just before Christmas and asked ďWheníre you cominí over, lady?Ē so she did provide a bit of impetus.

Hula is due in season again in about March or April and I'd like a third litter from her. I thought Iíll do it in good time and contact the person who owns the stud dog I'd really like to use. He is a really handsome and well-constructed dog with a brilliant pedigree on the motherís side and a couple of nice dogs on the (British bred) fatherís. He is also a really soft natured dog; a real sweetie. Ah.... said the owner: bit of a problem: he is a carrier of EF. His mother is clear and not a carrier so his father clearly was. The maternal grandfather is not at stud, so thatís that line out!

Last time I was looking or a mate for Hula I found that the first three dogs I was interested in were all carriers of EFÖ. I hadnít asked about this dog at the time Ė something had happened in his ownerís life. Two people suggested other dogs they owned and it was slightly awkward to say well, no, thank you very much, but it isnít him Iím interested in. People donít like it if you say ďhe has the same fault as mine so I donít want to double up on it!Ē

Back to the drawing boardÖÖ I sometimes wish the people who knock breeders would think about this sort of thing and how hard we strive to do whatís best!

Jane

Benoni, 32km east of Johannesburg, Tvl, South Africa

I do hope you find the right mate for Hula; but in the meantime you must have a wonderful trip to Oz - hope you find time to meet some quality Cavaliers over there.

No Cavaliers, but a lovely Bernese who thinks he is a big lap dog and a few other odd animals and birds. Great trip! Goldi sulked at me when I got home but the others seemed delighted to see me. Savannah had clearly looked after them well.

Jane
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Janelise; 03-06-2017 at 04:28 AM.

here is Hunter the bernese and a few other photos
    Last edited by Janelise; 03-06-2017 at 04:47 AM.

here are a few more photos

Blog Entries

Lovely photos Jane, hope you had a great time.
    Sheila H [EMAIL="halls.1@hotmail.co.uk"]

Thnak you, it was lovely - met three of my cousin's grandchildren for the first time and it was amusing to see how children can't quite take in that my father was their great grandma's brother. I think I was old enough for them, and great grndma is now 90. Did a lot of sightseeing and winetasting on both sides of the country, with family near Perth and friends near Sydney. I love Taronga zoo even if the "meet the Koalas" event wasn't on the day I went. and I didn't get to see an echidna. Lots of "no dogs" signs ...... sadly. I could understand some, like the Anzac memorial walk,but not others. Lorraine is really good about clearing up after Hunter but lots of people aren't. It ws odd to find my maiden and married names on an Anzac memorial at Newcastle. I know a great uncle had moved to OZ but he didn't die until the 1970's.

Jane
    Last edited by Janelise; 03-08-2017 at 10:27 AM.