Thread: Spring again

Blog Entries

Default Spring again

Spring is here again and poor Max is scratching and snuffling again, it seems he has an allergy to grass pollen. I have my lawn fenced off now but he gets in whenever he can. Also the council cut the grass verges last week so there are grass cutting everywhere which doesn't help. I wipe his feet and face after he has been out and wash him down if he has been in any long grass but it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. My Vet recommended a hydrocortisone shampoo and I have tried Yumega oil but again they don't appear to have much effect. My neighbour suggested Piriton tablets but I'm not sure if its ok for dogs to take them. Does anyone have any other ideas?
    Sheila H [EMAIL="halls.1@hotmail.co.uk"]

I've heard of other people giving their dogs Piriton for hayfever and the like under vet advice. I saw this http://canigivemydog.com/piriton

My Lexie (Blen) has always suffered from tear staining, which has been worse at certain times of year. I've now got her on Harringtons Hypoallergenic and there has been a massive reduction in staining www.harringtonspetfood.com/dogs/special-diets
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Blog Entries

Thanks Mark, that's a helpful account. I'll will give the Harrington's a try.
    Sheila H [EMAIL="halls.1@hotmail.co.uk"]