Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney in the wars again..

Default Sydney in the wars again..

What started out as conjunctivitis on Wednesday (diagnosed by the vet) is now a full blown ulcer...

Poor Sydney was in so much pain this morning, we took him straight to the vets and they are giving him 24 hour care with 3 different eye drops every hour..

I could sit and cry... What else could go wrong?? It's almost deja vu with his eye he lost almost two years ago..

I pray that we have caught this early... The implications do not bare thinking about.. The next 24 - 48 hours will be an indicator as to which way it will go...

My stomach is churning with fear..
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Blog Entries

So sorry to read this Julie. Hang on in there; leave it to the vet to sort out and try not to worry too much. History doesn't necessarily repeat itself, so stay positive.

PAT dogs Holly P and Little Joe send healing therapy vibes to poor Sydney and strength to the vets who are treating him.

Keep us updated please.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Thanks Flo... It's a worrying time.... It doesn't bare thinking about..

The vet will be ringing in the morning with an update... I'll post the update then.

Little Harvey is missing his mate
    Julie, Peter,

Poor Sydney: what a dreadful thing to happen. it's frightening how, with eyes, something relatively ordinary can develop so fast. The ophthalmologist who performd Bijou's corneal graft told me it's usually because there is no blood supply in the cornea, so if there is an infection there are no antibodies or white blood cells to fight it. My fingers are crossed for Sydney, and were I supple enough I'd cross my toes too. Poor Harvey: give him lots of extra cuddles! I'm sure you do anyway,

Jane

Sydney has had a good night. His eye is clear and wide open this morning. He will stay at the vets for another 24 hours so that they can get the much needed eye drops administered.. Whereas we would struggle to do this and it is so important that he had the right treatment...
    Looking a bit more hopeful..

Just been to see him at the vets.. Aww he's feeling so sorry for himself.. And he told me so too!! Gave him some lovely chicken.. Will go back tomorrow .. Hopefully he will feel a little better then.
    Julie, Peter,

So sorry to hear about Sydney but pleased the news seems to be positive. Asha says she hopes Harvey is OK and not toooo worried about being away from his "big brother". Gentle hugs to them both and to you as well. Take care.
    Last edited by Itsonlyme; 04-16-2017 at 07:01 PM.
    Stephanie.....and two little ladies.

Blog Entries

Poor Sydney, and how worrying for you. Glad he's a bit better today. Max and Toby sending lots of love
    Sheila H [EMAIL="halls.1@hotmail.co.uk"]

Glad that Sydney seems to be getting better. ((HUGS)) to all
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ellis View Post
    Glad that Sydney seems to be getting better. ((HUGS)) to all
    Sydney's update this morning.

The ulcer is starting to heal!!! We are still not out of the woods but its going in the right direction.

Syd will spend at 3rd night in the most expensive hotel in Newcastle where he will continue to get his treatment..

I should be going to take him some more chicken in this afternoon... He's refusing anything other than chicken at the moment... Hospital food eh?

Thank you all for your healing thoughts.....
    Julie, Peter,

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by julieb7 View Post
    Sydney's update this morning.

The ulcer is starting to heal!!! We are still not out of the woods but its going in the right direction.

Syd will spend at 3rd night in the most expensive hotel in Newcastle where he will continue to get his treatment..

I should be going to take him some more chicken in this afternoon... He's refusing anything other than chicken at the moment... Hospital food eh?

Thank you all for your healing thoughts.....
    So glad it's good news today. Keep enjoying the chicken Sydney
    Sheila H [EMAIL="halls.1@hotmail.co.uk"]