Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney in the wars again..

Blog Entries

That's absolutely great news about the ulcer healing so quickly. Worth the most expensive hotel in Newcastle to get the handsome Sydney better. You'd think they'd do something about the quality of food for the royal breed in that expensive hostelry though; poor lady in waiting having to take in Sydney's chook.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

great news! shame he doesn't like the food at the vets and is holding out for chicken - think he might try it on once he's home?

Hugs,

Jane

Another Sydney update:

Still resident at West Road Vets, Newcastle, but improving every day... Syd's ulcer is large and unfortunately is on the site of an old "puppy scar" on his eye. This will take longer to heal... As long as it contunes to heal... I don't care how long it takes.... He still wont eat "hospital food" so I will be taking his chicken up this afternoon at "visiting time"

Yes Jane, I'm sure he will try it on when he gets home...

I think that we are in for a long haul with this...
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Sending big hugs for Sydney xxx

Mine can be fussy with tinned food although 'Lily's Kitchen' always goes down very well in an emergency. When Nora was admitted recently at our hospital I left a couple of tins with them and there were no complaints!

Alison.

Blog Entries

Of course you will know the trick for phasing out the chicken in favour of the usual food when Sydney returns home. Start with a normal chicken meal, then reduce the amount of chicken in favour of the usual food you've mixed

Wish he was like my lot with it. All I have to do is to put the bowls down and they are scoffed up at the speed of light. I think they only wonder what they've had well after they've hoovered it down
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Quote Originally Posted by ByFloSin View Post
    Of course you will know the trick for phasing out the chicken in favour of the usual food when Sydney returns home. Start with a normal chicken meal, then reduce the amount of chicken in favour of the usual food you've mixed

Wish he was like my lot with it. All I have to do is to put the bowls down and they are scoffed up at the speed of light. I think they only wonder what they've had well after they've hoovered it down
    That's what Syd is normally like Flo... never mind.

Sydney update today.

Is continuing to improve, but will stay at the vets until Friday when they will re-assess the ulcer with a view to getting him home... Poor Syd.. Looks like another take-away for him for at least the next 2 days
    Julie, Peter,

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear that Sydney has to stay at the vet's a little longer Julie. You must miss him so much. He is probably greatly enjoying the take-aways though so perhaps his particular cloud has a silver lining
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

The vet nurses say that he's happy to stay but when I go up, he tells me (very loudly) all about it! But he even wont eat the food I've left up there for him... Has to be hand fed - by me!!!

His eye did look a lot better today....

I think that the vets want to treat as long as possible in their premises because we have "Harvey pup" bouncing around at home and just one little knock could send us (and Syd) back to square one!

Everyone is being very, very careful... in the circumstances..
    Julie, Peter,

I was moderately amused that Sydney tells you about his stay at the vet's! When Vincent stayed at the kennels he'd be very vocal when I collected him teh "wrowrrow" sort of noise, not barking, and I thought he was telling me about his stay, the dogs in the kennels next to his, etc.. He ate OK when there. But when he was ill and spent a night at the vet's in an oxygen tent he was very quiet whne I collected him, which I put down to him feeling poorly. They han't tried to feed him that time. I imagine that when Syndey comes home he will have a big plastic elizabethan collar: they do deter the other dogs from trying to play with the dog that's wearing it. Hope he's home today!

Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Janelise View Post
    I was moderately amused that Sydney tells you about his stay at the vet's! When Vincent stayed at the kennels he'd be very vocal when I collected him teh "wrowrrow" sort of noise, not barking, and I thought he was telling me about his stay, the dogs in the kennels next to his, etc.. He ate OK when there. But when he was ill and spent a night at the vet's in an oxygen tent he was very quiet whne I collected him, which I put down to him feeling poorly. They han't tried to feed him that time. I imagine that when Syndey comes home he will have a big plastic elizabethan collar: they do deter the other dogs from trying to play with the dog that's wearing it. Hope he's home today!

Jane
    Sydney gave his full vocal repertoire to make sure I listened..

Anyway... today is much more promising..

Sydney's update today:

Looks like we are nearly at the journeys end for this little son of a bitch ulcer..

The healing progress had been working a treat and the ulcer is rapidly diminishing. Fingers crossed we should have him home on Friday........

Julie, Peter,