Thread: Rosscrea Heartbreaker

Default Rosscrea Heartbreaker

I knew there would be a day when Rosscrea Heartbreaker did just that to me and my family. Today is that day. 14 years after Wendy Taylor handed over her precious 5 month old cuddly Dudley, we have had to say goodbye to him.

He was my first dog, and remains the best looking and tempered Cavalier I have ever seen. He was so strong and healthy, and he only started to suffer arthritis in his hips a couple of years ago. It still didn't stop him chasing our local squirrel on a daily basis though. Until the last couple of weeks. In the last few days he clearly told us that enough was enough.

He leaves behind a 12 year old cousin, Jazz, who is softening the blow, but Dudley is just irreplaceable. Distraught doesn't begin to cover it!

So so sorry to hear your news.... It is heartbreaking when it happens and this feeling continues for some time... getting easier with time, but never going away..

Give Jazz some extra cuddles, he will feel it too.

You are in our thoughts...
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Blog Entries

So sorry you have lost your lovely Cuddly Dudly. He lived to a very good age and obviously had lots of fun in his life with you, especially when chasing the local squirrel.

It's always hard to loose a much loved Cavalier, but in time your sadness will be replaced by the many happy memories you will learn to cherish turning the tears into smiles. Dudley will be watching over you until you meet again.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Benoni, 32km east of Johannesburg, Tvl, South Africa

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had to say goodbye to Dudley. Run free over the Rainbow Bridge, little man.

Dorothy

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear you have lost your cuddly dudley, he lived to a fantastic age but it doesn't matter how long we have them its always heartbreaking to say goodbye. Run free little man and keep chasing those squirrels.
    Sheila H [EMAIL="halls.1@hotmail.co.uk"]

I'm so sorry - somehow when they live to a good age we begin to think they are immortal and it somehow makes it even more difficult to say goodbye. There will always be a very special one who will live in your heart for ever and although time won't heal the pain it will teach you how to cope and remember the good times.

Jane

Thank you all so much for your kind words. After a few days we are not feeling quite so suffocated by the grief, and Jazz is definitely helping us. We didn't know how she would cope as she's never been an only dog and has always been overwhelmed by life in general! But she has settled well and we're trying to figure out our new relationships and routines. I guess life goes on ��

Lisa