Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Cost MRI Schemes

Ben had a full scan which was a scan all the way down his spine. Under the low cost scheme I think they scan to C5.
    Moira
    Davimoir

Quote Originally Posted by Annette View Post
    Bet I a discussion at Chestergates this last month re GA versus sedation. I had my eight year old heart tested pre MRI and discovered she had developed a murmur. I was advised that it would be safer for her to have a GA rather than sedation. Apparently there had been some research done (i don't know where) and it had been found that sedation had caused murmurs to progress 3-4 months later. I must say that Hannah bounced back to me with her tail wagging as if she had never been anaesthetised.
    I will say that of those that were sedated only one was a bit groggy - the youngest as it happens
    Yes Annette, I too was told some time ago that it's safer for a dog with a heart murmour to have a full GA rather than a sedation. I think the reason is that they can get them out of GA pretty quick whereas they can't do much about sedation

I have just had my 12 year olds teeth cleaned and quite a few extractions. She has a grade 3 heart murmur. She was still having her op when I phoned at 2pm but fetched her home at 5 and she walked out of the vets and jumped into the car. At home she had a snooze then had scrambbled egg & mashed potato. A walk outside then jumped up on the settee and slept for the rest of the evening. The next day she was as if nothing had happened.
    Ann..... Rebinya Cavaliers

They really are amazing aren’t they Ann. That tail never stops wagging even when in the worst of health.

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a Low Cost Centre in Scotland?

Christine

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bet hargreaves View Post
    I have just read that a Neurologist in America has said that ,SM can't be diagnozed without a full Scale MRI

What is a Full Scale MRI ?

Bet Hargreaves
    So whats the point of a mini scan then if its doesnt prove they dont have sm

I see there is a place in braintree that scans, do they do a low cost scheme, does anyone know. di

Sheena Guest

Di, I think the best thing to do is to ring them up and ask them, quite seriously. If they don't, and you have a discussion with them, they may well consider that it would be worth their while to do so - after all, the machines are expensive and they have to pay their way somehow.

The 'mini' scan was developed as a tool for breeders, as the neurologists consider that the area evaluated is sufficient to give enough information.

SUFFOLK...HAVE BEEN FOR 37 YEARS...BEFORE THAT,I AM A LONDONER

Quote Originally Posted by harleyfarley View Post
    So whats the point of a mini scan then if its doesnt prove they dont have sm

I see there is a place in braintree that scans, do they do a low cost scheme, does anyone know. di
    Di
    If you check out the Cavalier Club website,under SM,there is a list of Low-cost scanning centres..........and Braintree is one of them

Wendy
    Wendyxxxx
    Rosscrea Cavaliers

I spoke to Chris yesterday and her vet is the one in Braintree and his fee has just gone up to £175 I don't know if that is for a few or just one, but she said that he told her that you needed at least 7 to make it worthwhile.I will check that with her later.

10. Default scan

Well i suppose the question is who else is interested, im def up for one, i am sure we could get together another six or so esp as people seem to have more than one. di