Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Cost MRI Schemes

SUFFOLK...HAVE BEEN FOR 37 YEARS...BEFORE THAT,I AM A LONDONER

Sorry Di......I am already booked in at Cambridge in May.
    Wendyxxxx
    Rosscrea Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    ... the discount scans called 'mini' MRIs, are done under light sedation, not general anaesthetic, and do not go the full length of the spine.
    Hi Sheena,

I have booked a bitch in at Bath at the end of May to have a discount scan and have been told this will be done under general anaesthetic, I was not told however that there will be an extra charge to have it read. The bitch is nearly 5 and has a clear heart but I am nervous about giving her a general anaesthetic.The bitch I am taking is not micro chipped, will I be able to get a certificate with the result?

Best wishes
    Hayley

Hayley I think you will find that they will want her to be microchipped for identification purposes. I would ask around there are quite a few people who microchip at less than what the vets charge. Diane Searle I know does - not sure if there is anyone in your area

Sheena Guest

Hayley, I think it would be a good idea to have the chipping done before you take her for ID purposes, and we're all going to have to have them chipped by the beginning of next year anyway. But whether she's chipped or not, you'll still get a certificate. I think Dr Rusbridge has upped her charges for reading now, it may be as much as £50 and I think that's where Bath sends them.

I just Googled "microchipping Somerset" and there's someone called Hayley who does it in Yeovil!!

Annette will tell me if I'm wrong, but certainly as far as a GA is concerned there should be less problems than the sedation I think.

Lots of 'thinks' here, sorry. But one thing I know is you'll be a nervous wreck, I'm sure it's impossible not to be. So just try and go with the flow ...

Quote Originally Posted by WENDYROSSCREA View Post
    Sorry Di......I am already booked in at Cambridge in May.
    Ditto.......................

Ellie - GA is safer should there be any problems because the dog can be " brought round" quickly. I doubt that the dogs are heavily anaesthetised anyway - I know my eight year old with a murmur went in last and came out first wagging her tail as if to say "NOW can we go for a walk" VBG

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    But one thing I know is you'll be a nervous wreck, I'm sure it's impossible not to be. So just try and go with the flow ...
    Many thanks Sheena, I certainly will be a nervous wreck and will be glad when she has had it done. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes before you receive the results..that will be pretty nerve racking as well!

Best wishes
    Hayley

I've had 3 scanned under GA and all walked out happily 'drunk' and were almost normal by the time I got to the car.

Mary

Ps, sorry Di my two youngsters wont be done until the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Annette View Post
    Ellie - GA is safer should there be any problems because the dog can be " brought round" quickly. I doubt that the dogs are heavily anaesthetised anyway - I know my eight year old with a murmur went in last and came out first wagging her tail as if to say "NOW can we go for a walk" VBG
    ????? I think you must be replying to someone else Annette??? I know GA is generally safer than sedation for the reasons you have given..............

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Flynn View Post
    LOW COST MRI SCHEMES FOR CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIELS - UK

Centres in the UK offering reduced rate MRI scans to owners who would like their cavaliers checked for Chiari Malformation & Syringomyelia.
    Latest Information with regard to Braintree:

1 Dog £250
    Multiple dogs same owner £200
    This includes VAT and General Anaesethitic
    Not graded although they can tell if SM is present.

Grading has to be done via Cambridge