Thread: An Owners Guide - Cavaliers - New Book

Thumbs up An Owners Guide - Cavaliers - New Book

Harper Collins are shortly to publish a new book on Cavaliers. It is an easy read with lots of useful hints and tips for new owners of Cavaliers. It is full of pictures too.

Here is the link to the website. http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/Conte...x?objId=40301:)

I see it is written by Nick Mays who is decribed as a breed expert. Anyone know who he is? Norma

Hi Norma,
    I've known Nick Mays for well over thirty years, from the days when I used to breed and show hamsters and mice and he showed and bred fancy rats!!
    He has written many books on all sorts of pet animals and used to have a regular column on pet keeping in the Sunday Mirror. He has also appeared on a number of TV programmes. For many years he has been a journalist and feature writer on Our Dogs and often does the champ show reports for the northern shows (Leeds, Darlington, Doncaster, etc). He has owned Cavaliers for at least fifteen years, all wholecolours I believe. I don't think that he has ever shown. He got his first cavaliers from Jean Grant.
    Dennis

Blog Entries

Nice to see another book coming out to add to my collection.

One thing springs to mind though, if he doesn't show dogs himself, what is he doing advising newbies how to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by craigowl View Post
    I see it is written by Nick Mays who is decribed as a breed expert. Anyone know who he is? Norma
    Hi Norma

He was Chief reporter for Our Dogs for 12 years and has owned Cavaliers amongst several other breeds. I understand that he obtained his Cavaliers from Jean Grant.

Default Nick Mays

Hi Everyone,
    Nick is also editor of Our Cats, is very well known in the Cat Fancy and purchased his first Cavalier from me - Lorphil Ludo by Lorphil LLadro of Cotterlee dob 26th February 1995 and still going strong. This boy gained his bronze, silver and gold Good Citizens awards. Rufus has a website dedicated to himself - type Lorphil Ludo into google and you can see what our wonderful breed is all about.
    Lorraine

SUFFOLK...HAVE BEEN FOR 37 YEARS...BEFORE THAT,I AM A LONDONER

Default Rufus

Hi Lorraine

Just checked out Rufus!!!! What a great website.A smashing Cavalier having a WONDERFUL LIFE!!!! May long it continue

Wendy