View Poll Results: Did you find this article of interest?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

5 71.43%
  • Partially

2 28.57%
  • No

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Car travel harness

Thumbs up Pet Tube

Quote Originally Posted by Itsonlyme View Post
    We've found the Pet Tube to be really good although I don't know anyone else who uses one. They do come in two sizes so if you only need room for Alfie it may not be necessary to buy the large one.
    Me thinks I will be on the lookout for one of those tubes, Stephanie

They look really good. It may be that you have never seen another one, because they are not well advertised. I’ve never seen one before your mention.

Whilst Alfie is small for a CKCS dog I think the small tube would be too small. They are only 40 cm x 40 cm. With his head out straight, Alfie is 50 cm from nose to bum - and I would expect him to be able to stretch out if stuck on the boat for a few hours.

Stephanie, many thanks for bringing the product to our attention
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Pleased to be of help to you Mark. Kizzy is about the size of a small border collie and Nutmeg is quite a small CKCS but they have ample room to lay down and stretch out if they wish as the Pet Tube covers the full length of the back seat. We bought ours from a pet shop in Sheffield but there are several web sites advertising them. Good Luck in your search and happy travelling to Alfie from Kiz and Meg.
    Stephanie.....and 1 1/2 cavaliers
    PS If you do find one I'd be interested to hear your opinion as I've yet to meet anyone else who uses one.

3. Default

Hi Mark and Pauline

I managed to find a seatbelt attachment like the one pictured and use a Puchi or pupia harness.

Thanks
    xxxx

Default safe travel

Some say that I spoil my dog. Some say that I treat him like a child.

I would disagree with that.

Doesn't everyone use one of these seats - to keep their baby safe?

Last edited by Mark Ellis; 02-21-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Smile Pet Tube

Finally got a Pet Tube for the dogs.

Let them run around it for a while so that they could get used to the smell, etc.

Best thing about these tubes is that they have straos that go around the seatback

Weren't they suspicious!

Some years ago (in Sweden) I bought a cat play tunnel, about 8 or 9 inches in diameter and three or four feet long, which had a couple of holes along its length. Puppies loved it; they climb through the holes, walk around in it to roll it along the floor and play chase through it. What was funny was seeing how the older dogs also wanted to get inside it, but couldn't. Chivers the cat merely sniffed it with disdain. I now have two more, in different colours.

I still use a plastic Ferplast crate with sliding wire mesh doors for security in the car.

Jane

I'm sure that once the doggles get used to it they will be happy in the pet tube. Both of ours travel happily in it as it gives them room to stretch out or curl up as they wish. They have travelled hundreds of miles and never complained. I would put a blanket or such like on the matress so that they can snuggle up and be comfortable. (And when they get VERY wet whilst out walking -especially in Dorset -it's easy to remove the cover for washing!!.) The tube also helps to contain some of the copious amounts of dog hair they manage to produce!!
    Happy travelling.
    Stephanie.....and two little ladies.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Itsonlyme View Post
    I'm sure that once the doggles get used to it they will be happy in the pet tube. ...
    As soon as I put their crate bedding in there they were as happy as doggies in mud

Just haven't got round to doing a seperate thread yet, as I belive this is the best way to transport your beloveds

Just not too sure if the large one isn't too wide for just two cavaliers

But love the way it straps to the back seat

Happy Christmas, doggies

I always carry a dog harness with me , and I did have to use it once when my tailgate decided it was not going to close, no problem though I put the dogs in the back seat and put them in the harness ,we all travelled home safely thank god. now they are always in my car.

Cool Dog-Bag. It's hip to be square

Quote Originally Posted by betty storar View Post
    I always carry a dog harness with me , and I did have to use it once when my tailgate decided it was not going to close, no problem though I put the dogs in the back seat and put them in the harness ,we all travelled home safely thank god. now they are always in my car.
    A friend kindly sent me these photos of her new Dog Bag, made by the same people who make the Pet Tube.
    These bags are secured using the hooks in the corners of the car boot, or can be put on the car seat and strapped to the seat back. It also quickly stows in to a small rucksack.

This is the small one 24 inches by 24 inches (600 x 600 mm)