Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoovers, as it were ...

Default Hoovers, as it were ...

Although I don't actually have a Hoover. What I did have until fairly recently was a Henry, which was pretty adequate, although spending money on bags to contain dirt always used to get to me a bit ... however, I digress. Henry started to fail, and I realised to my horror that he was about 20 years old, if not more.

So I bit the bullet and bought a Dyson (no bags to buy!). Even better, you can get £60off if you recycle your old hoover. Bye, bye, Henry. Ambling through the Dyson website I spotted their animal groomer accessory ... WELL! What can I say? It's brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Like a huge slicker with a plastic grid over it. You push the button so the slicker teeth come out while you're grooming the dog. Release the button, the slicker teeth retract, and you just slide the hair off the grid. I have to say I think I'm going to like this for a very long time ...
    Sheena Stevens

We have the Miele cat and Dog !
    It's a marvellous machine for hoovering beds after the morning stampede and duvet rolling contest..
    It's ace for sucking up the tumbleweed which rolls down 30 feet of wooden hall floor.
    It'd great to see the expression on visitor's faces when they open the front door and the tumbleweed takes flight.
    Not sure if a grooming accessory would go down well in our house...Daisy doesn't like being groomed so she's going to have a Bazzer(Corkonian for short back and sides).
    Ivy is grand...a couple of quick sweeps of a brush and she's perfect...but we're expecting acres of black tumbleweed by October.
    Holly has a marvellous coat,but she has what I'd call Hoover guarding issues.
    Her sole aim in life is to protect me from the hoover.
    She barks at it,jumps on it's back,nips the hose and won't give up until it retreats to the cupboard in defeat.
    If my husband hoovers she doesn't even raise her head..if the hoover gets him, it doesn't matter.
    In fact,I think she secretly hopes it will.Then she can have his side of the bed.
    Enjoy your new Dyson Sheena !
    Sins

We have the Vax Petforce 3. Does what it says on the box......
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Quote Originally Posted by Sins View Post
    We have the Miele cat and Dog !
    Sins
    SNAP. Love it.

M x

No, no, no. It's not the Dyson I'm complimenting as a hoover per se - me, I can take or leave hoovers pretty much as I find them, and my floors will easily attest to that! although I'm happy not to be buying bags any more, let alone trying to remember to buy them ...

It's the grooming tool - it really is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. Dog is on table, hoover is on floor. Dog is used to sound of blaster, if anything the hoover is quieter. Only reason dog goes for hoover (and if I'm brushing the yard outside) is because they like chasing anything that moves, it's fun. This doesn't move, no problem with hoover, no problem with dog, no pulling hair out from slicker, no pulling hair out from teeth of comb or brush cleaning ... this is the nearest I've come to falling in love in a long time, VBG!!
    Sheena Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Madam Grump View Post
    this is the nearest I've come to falling in love in a long time, VBG!!
    Cool

M

Ok got it...
    The Hoover is merely the accessory for the grooming tool.
    Now we're on the same wavelength
    Sins

My mother used to vacuum clean her German Shepherd and he loved it!

My dogs are used to it, but Tchi doesn’t like it if she gets in the exit blast.

I have had a Henry for a very long time, at least 16 years. I bought a normal Dyson on an offer and am afraid I was NOT impressed; didn't clean as well as Henry and also the motor packed up two days after the guarantee expired. Repair was about £100, so I dumped it and bought new attachments for Henry and got him out of the attic where he’d been patiently waiting. Now I’m wondering if the Dyson grooming tool could be made to attach to Henry's hoses................I'm sure I've seen hose adaptors.

Incidentally, Miele cat and dog got the Which? Magazine best buy, and also the best value for money in the similar consumer magazine in France

Jane

Blog Entries

Until this morning I was sure that this 'attachment' was just one big hoax. I even asked a friend on the 'phone last night what she thought and still wasn't sure when she said it was genuine.

This morning I went onto the Dyson site and there it was. I am just hoping that it fits the Dyson Animal 25 that I have had for 2 or 3 years. I ordered from Amazon as they are slightly cheaper than Dyson and give Nectar points on my purchases.

Sheena how could I have doubted you I am mortified and eating Humble Pie for dinner
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ByFloSin View Post
    Until this morning I was sure that this 'attachment' was just one big hoax. I even asked a friend on the 'phone last night what she thought and still wasn't sure when she said it was genuine.

This morning I went onto the Dyson site and there it was. I am just hoping that it fits the Dyson Animal 25 that I have had for 2 or 3 years. I ordered from Amazon as they are slightly cheaper than Dyson and give Nectar points on my purchases.

Sheena how could I have doubted you I am mortified and eating Humble Pie for dinner
    The attachment arrived a few minutes ago. It is absolutely amazing. I do not even need to push the hairs into the vacuum tube - they just disappear when you release the button. All the dogs except for Little Joe, who suspects everything until all the others tell him it is okay because they have tried it and Holly, who cannot be groomed with a slicker, absolutely love it. I had 3 slickered off and shining in about 6 minutes.

There is only one drawback. I have the DC 25 Animal, which has a rigid tube instead of a flexible hose to connect attachments too. I find this very hard on my old arthritic hands and wrists and cumbersome to maneouvre, so I am off to Comet to try to find a smaller Dyson for the kitchen which will have a flexible hose.

Much more of this and my house ill start to look like a home with a cleaner for every room. The new one will make a grand total of 4.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo