Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Hoovers, as it were ...

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madam Grump View Post
    Well, I've been using the Dyson on and off for about five months now. I loathe it as a hoover is all I can say. I am missing Henry. I think I may have bought the world's most expensive slicker ... rats.
    Oh how I hated my dyson I used to complain about it every time I used it I now have a Miele dog and cat operated by an Alan ............ it works very well the tumble weed created by 5 Cavaliers disappears at regular interveals, but I only have old fashioned hand held slickers
    Jenny and all the boys at Kailyflee Cavaliers x

  2. #22

    Default

    Hi Jenny,
    Can I ask about your 'Alan?' I've got a 'Jeremy' which is probably an older model to yours; but TBH this model has been malfunctioning for quite a while now, especially when it gets anywhere near the TV when there is a football match being transmitted - at which point my model just shuts down completely and will not move.

    Also it takes a lot longer to warm up, sometimes I have to 'kick start' it for a hour or two before it springs into action. In fact I get so desperate, I do the vacuuming myself!

    Has this ever happened to you?

    Sue

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Sutcliffe View Post
    ... Also it takes a lot longer to warm up, sometimes I have to 'kick start' it for a hour or two before it springs into action. In fact I get so desperate, I do the vacuuming myself!

    ... Sue
    Sue

    Have you trialed the "Incentive underwear package" that should be purchased on an annual basis - or considered the purposely overheard phone conversation to a friend of "Might get me a new model"
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

    Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    .
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Sutcliffe View Post
    Hi Jenny,
    Can I ask about your 'Alan?' I've got a 'Jeremy' which is probably an older model to yours; but TBH this model has been malfunctioning for quite a while now, especially when it gets anywhere near the TV when there is a football match being transmitted - at which point my model just shuts down completely and will not move.

    Also it takes a lot longer to warm up, sometimes I have to 'kick start' it for a hour or two before it springs into action. In fact I get so desperate, I do the vacuuming myself!

    Has this ever happened to you?

    Sue
    Haha Sue it must be a malfunction of the older models, mine has been around 69 years and the worst bit is it keeps falling asleep lol

    Mark I regularly threaten with a newer model but I find kitchen closure works much better x
    Jenny and all the boys at Kailyflee Cavaliers x

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenny View Post
    Haha Sue it must be a malfunction of the older models, mine has been around 69 years and the worst bit is it keeps falling asleep lol

    Mark I regularly threaten with a newer model but I find kitchen closure works much better x
    Well, that really goes to show that the older models are much, much more reliable - Maybe I'll trade up to a 69! ............. and I thought mine was all wrong at less than 60 because of it's age. HmmmPH -just goes to show they don't make 'em like they used to; that's the problem with the throw away society.
    Think I'll stick with what I've got after all - as a younger model could turn out to be...... Nightmare! (Yikes)
    Last edited by Sue Sutcliffe; 11-12-2011 at 10:50 PM.

  6. #26

    Default

    Like Sue I have a bit of a love hate relationship with my Dyson. I got my first one over 11 years ago when Jasper was just a small pup, the main reason of getting it was my neighbour who had a dog said they were very good at picking up dog hair, I borrowed her`s and was so impressed I ended up hoovering the whole house through, I bought my own and now 11 years down the line am on my third one, every time they break down I say I will get a different brand, this year after only 18 months the motor went, got it fixed under warranty, they tried to sell me a slicker attachment with a few pounds off if I bought it off the repair man, but I thought they were quite expensive. I like upright cleaners, I don`t like the Henry`s they never seems to go were you want them to. I do have a human Henry who does a good job of hoovering up after the dogs though and I don`t have to ask him to do it.
    Pam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •