Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoovers, as it were ...

We had a Black Labrador many years ago, who just loved the vacuum on her, she would push herself towards you until you did it, the look on her face said it all, this is heaven, the Golden lab. didn't like the hoover at all. Olive.

2. Default Update

Well, I've been using the Dyson on and off for about five months now. I loathe it as a hoover is all I can say. I am missing Henry. I think I may have bought the world's most expensive slicker ... rats.
    Sheena Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Madam Grump View Post
    Well, I've been using the Dyson on and off for about five months now. I loathe it as a hoover is all I can say. ....
    It always amazes me how every time I take rubbbish to a local tip (Recycling Center as they are now called) there is always numerous Dysons waiting for new owners. Maybe there's a Dyson Forum or a Dyson Rescue Centre that will come take it from you

I have had my trusty Hoover for 13 years Nothing like the genuine thing when buying a vacuum
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

I absolutely hate my Dyson; and the one before this one; ...... and the one before the one before. Hated my first Dyson too!

What does this say about me??

They do pick up dog hair though. (and that's the only thing in their favour. )

Somewhat demented - Sue.

Mark - all the Dysons at the recyling centre are probably mine. (VBG)
    Last edited by Sue Sutcliffe; 11-11-2011 at 05:44 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Sutcliffe View Post
    I absolutely hate my Dyson; and the one before this one; ...... and the one before the one before. Hated my first Dyson too!

What does this say about me??

They do pick up dog hair though. (and that's the only thing in their favour. )

Somewhat demented - Sue.

Mark - all the Dysons at the recyling centre are probably mine. (VBG)
    Well, you'll like it more if you get the slicker, Sue. And that is all I can say. Otherwise we are of like mind on Dyson ... but my Henry used to pick up dog hair. I think I might have to get him back.
    Sheena Stevens

My Hover will pick up dog hair, but Alfie has been on strike due to there being a new female in our lives
    Last edited by Mark Ellis; 11-11-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Blog Entries

I am very embarrassed to admit this, but after I purchased the slicker to go with my existing Dyson it took me a couple of dogsworth of time to realise that I was meant to take the hose off the handle and attach the slicker to the hose. I roared with laughter when I realised what I had been trying to do and finding it almost impossible. Much better connected to the end of the hose. I use it for the big groom on Sunday nights.

Yes I think the slicker is expensive @ £35 or so, but it really works and saves a mess of hairs all over the kitchen.

I do like my Dyson much better than the previous Hoover that I had before. I use it to clear up the doghairs from the upstairs carpets and it's definitely the best I have used.

I have an old Morphy Richards cylinder thingey for the stairs and a Morphy Richards upright bagless for the downstairs floors.

With this system I can give the whole house a thorough going over in about 20 minutes.
    Last edited by ByFloSin; 11-11-2011 at 07:27 PM.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Blimey Flo, all those vacuum cleaners you have........it must be a bit like being in Comet walking around your house! lol

P. x

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ByFloSin View Post

Yes I think the slicker is expensive @ £35 or so, but it really works and saves a mess of hairs all over the kitchen.
    If I go back to Henry, my slicker's going to have cost about ten times that!!!!
    Sheena Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Madam Grump View Post
    If I go back to Henry, my slicker's going to have cost about ten times that!!!!
    You can always put it on the forum for sale Sheena. Lots of people seem to have the Dysons.
    Tracey x