Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The World of Cavaliers 2008, 2009 and 2010

Dennis - that part, the influential stud dogs is the most interesting to me and it is SO interesting to read about each part of the world written by the insiders! Also the story abut post PDE.

What a great work this book is. Tanja really did great job to pull together so many pieces and make them work!
    Last edited by eJoanna; 07-23-2011 at 01:19 AM.
    Greetings from Joanna & Maxi, Zoe & Arabella (Kissabella)

Hi Virpi,

It's in the section on Estonia. There are the photos of the Best In Show of the Estonian Club shows in 2008, 2009 and 2010. The photo shows you, him and Joakim Ohlsson; it was taken by Kersti Männe.

Mine was just a short piece about the silver anniversary of the French Club and the most influential breeders from its inception to the present day. I think maybe there was room for me to have filled it out a little, but the article by Wendy Lhote and Bertrand Dumont in the section about France was very informative.

Denis's article on the influential stud dogs was very interesting. There were things I'd known but not made the connections: great reading. I haven't read all of the book yet, because I keep getting distracted, looking at the photographs and pedigrees, which really are fascinating!

Jane
    Last edited by Janelise; 07-23-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: missed out crucial word

Blog Entries

I think I just placed my order? I sent money so I hope it goes through. Sounds like a great book. I was always curious how breeders decide "the pick of the litter".
    Anne Singleton
    Proud owner of my munchkin Elton (blenheim) and
    angel ella who lives in my heart forever
    Charlotte NC

I did see a message (from Dennis?) about pre-ordering - but I completely forgot! However I have now ordered the current book and the previous none too - I just need to pay for them now...

Anne I think you should get a confirmation email.

Rosemary

It's a great book, I still browse through the previous edition of 2005,2006 and 2007. But this one is even better. I pre-ordered it a couple of months ago, so I already have it for a couple of weeks. I also like the part about the influential stud dogs. Must have read it through more than 10 times now... And the pictures are amazing!
    Last edited by Christophe; 07-25-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: typing error

6. Default

Hi friends,
    thanks so much for the nice words of the book. I'm not the publisher or the one who gets the money of it haha. I was asked end of 2009 from Janneke if I would do it and I agreed because I was the assistant in the first issue. Really indeed it were four month out of order. Ask my friends here,.. think they couldnt here it anymore: I can't talk to you for long because I have to do this and this and this regarding the book.
    And I agree I like it because its not only fulled with adverts. Everbody who wrote an article did it with sense and that is so nice to see it. Thanks to all who wrote articles. Sandra did a super job. Dennis was absolutley not to beat. And thanks so much to Steve Mynott. I think I drove him crazy about photos. Everybody did an excellent job.
    Bertrand from France and David from Australia were the easiest part, "Quick-Checkers" Sometimes it was hard to keep it together or to explaine what we wanted. Janneke the publisher was quite strict but in a nice way. And now I know that she has to be strict. Without it you can't finish such an adventure.
    Love XXX

7. Default

But of course we are very pleased for the super people who did an advertisment for sure! Without them we couldn't finish or payed it. And I helped a lot of people with the adverts and my photshop-programm for free of course because I wanted to have a super result. I love Lauren Nikacis advert, amazing, a beautiful pic of her and the dogs, easy to create it. And a lot of other super adverts, specially from Australia, think Steph did it. Realy like the Maibee-Side and that was done by Nadine.

Tanja - it is very interesting to read about your experience with making it all happen!
    Greetings from Joanna & Maxi, Zoe & Arabella (Kissabella)

Blog Entries

I just got an email that my book was shipped
    Anne Singleton
    Proud owner of my munchkin Elton (blenheim) and
    angel ella who lives in my heart forever
    Charlotte NC

Blog Entries

Cool

Just ordered mine today as well. Just can't wait!!!!!!!!