Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What type of food do you feed to mantain a good heart function?

Quote Originally Posted by Christophe View Post
    Thanks to all suggestions, I kind of was secretly hoping you would join us!
    Hi Veronica, as my English isn't always that good, do you mean by raw food, raw meat that you keep in the freezer (we have some rather complete formulas here in Belgium and Holland) or fresh meat you get with the butcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Christophe View Post
    as my English isn't always that good, ?
    Your English is perfect Christophe

you asked:

"do you mean by raw food, raw meat that you keep in the freezer, or fresh meat you get with the butcher"

Both..... some I buy unfrozen, then weigh it into portions and freeze it, and some I buy frozen. Because Dogs are carnivores they have a higher bacteria tolerance and an extremely acidic gut that helps prevent bacteria like Salmonella and E-Coli from colonizing, plus they have enzymes in their saliva that have antibacterial properties.

However, by freezing the meat or fish for a minimum of 24 hours it will kill the odd parasite that may be in this human consumption food...... then I defrost on the day I'm feeding the uncooked meat or fish to the Cavaliers.

Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Hull View Post
    Your English is perfect Christophe

you asked:

"do you mean by raw food, raw meat that you keep in the freezer, or fresh meat you get with the butcher"

Both..... some I buy unfrozen, then weigh it into portions and freeze it, and some I buy frozen. Because Dogs are carnivores they have a higher bacteria tolerance and an extremely acidic gut that helps prevent bacteria like Salmonella and E-Coli from colonizing, plus they have enzymes in their saliva that have antibacterial properties.

However, by freezing the meat or fish for a minimum of 24 hours it will kill the odd parasite that may be in this human consumption food...... then I defrost on the day I'm feeding the uncooked meat or fish to the Cavaliers.

Veronica
    Thanks Veronica! Of to the store today!

About the wholemeal mixer, I ‘googled’ it, and came up with this http://eurotecnutrition.co.uk/trusty...eal-mixer.html .I can’t figure out the ingredients. I guess it is not available in Belgium, but I heard a lot of people use Weetabix, or isn't this the same?

What about dietary supplements that come so high recommended these days, besides fish oil, do you add other things like l-carnitine or taurine?