Thread: Warning about dogs being stolen

Izzy wizzy Guest

Default Warning about dogs being stolen

Warning from Rosie's breeder caviller that was nursing taken from garden . Found four miles away on golf course. Also dog stolen in cumbria .

Thank goodness my Dee Dee is back home with her pups now - but be warned how did she get to the golf course? I think she was dumped! There are a lot of dubious people in this world. Many thanks to all the people who reposted the DogLost posters, FB friends and also Radio Derby who phoned me. Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!
    Caroline Ackroyd-Gibson - Toraylac

That's scary, four miles away sounds like she was definitely picked up and taken there, a nursing bitch in particular, just wouldn't wander that far. So glad she's back with you Caroline.
    Was she easiily accessible from the road for someone to get in the garden? it's so worrying.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Sutcliffe View Post
    That's scary, four miles away sounds like she was definitely picked up and taken there, a nursing bitch in particular, just wouldn't wander that far. So glad she's back with you Caroline.
    Was she easiily accessible from the road for someone to get in the garden? it's so worrying.

Sue
    That is so good to hear, Caroline. You must have been beside yourself.

Made us think though.....does anyone consider when we put pictures etc of our dogs, puppies etc on FaceBook this may be dangerous??

Norma

The problem i have here is that we are very open with a footpath going over the fields. If she was out in the garden paddock on her own then it is possible that she will have been picked up. I agree with you Norma about FB photos but why should we give up what we are doing just in case some scumbag fancies making a few quid? Whatever happened to Dee Dee , & I wish she could talk LOL , we will never know but at least we got her back very quickly, although I did have a dog stolen about 12 years ago from my friends boarding kennel garden and that was very secure!!! I never got Tom back or had any further information about him. His show name was Toraylac Crack ON........

Izzy wizzy Guest

Face book is useful because it allows breeders to keep in contact with their dogs and the people who own them. You can browse u tube and find clips of the best show cavaliers . Sad fact these people don't care who they hurt

In Facebook, you can make the photos or posts to be only visible for your friends (and before you accept a person as a friend, it is good to check that person out at least a little bit, for example look at their pictures to see if it is a breeder or a pet owner or is it just somebody not related). You can make such setting for all your photos or posts or only for selected ones.

I'm so glad that the girl was found and returned home
    Last edited by eJoanna; 01-01-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Greetings from Joanna & Maxi, Zoe & Arabella (Kissabella)

I saw pictures of the garden and kennels/runs of the tibetans that were stolen.
    They had a council allotment directly behind their garden by the looks of it.
    As these dogs were believed to have been taken by travellers, it looks like an other opportune thief...the most common kind.

My garden isnt big by any means but has a 6ft fence all around it and my garage/driveway beyond the fence at the back so reasonably away from prying eyes but I still lock my gate when the dogs are out and I stand and watch them until they have finished their business and bring them straight back in, im totally paranoid about them both being stolen.

Im also terrified of letting them off their lead when we are out in case they are picked up, so many people have commented on walks that I have nice dogs, but as a result of all these thefts I have total paranoia that they will follow me home and break in when im not there (which has happened in this area previously with a springer) or they will just beat me up and run off with the dogs.............now I live in a partcularly low crime area and its quite a respectable neighbourhood but im still worried when im out .................sad state of affairs really