Thread: How to read dbx files?

Question How to read dbx files?

We changed our computer to windows 7 about 18mths ago, and copied our archived contact email addresses onto document files (for if and when needed in the future)
    Hubby is doing a big project where he needs one of his long lists of email address - and he can't access it as it's in the old windows outlook dbx format.

I've tried downloading a couple of trial programmes that 'say' they will read these files, but so far with no success.

Computer buffs - any suggestions?

Many thanks

Sue

Smile

Microsoft Excel springs to mind, but let me think about it.

Perhaps you could email me a sample file to play with
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

On a boat, out there, operating without any decent restraint, well Notts

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Sutcliffe View Post
    We changed our computer to windows 7 about 18mths ago, and copied our archived contact email addresses onto document files (for if and when needed in the future)
    Hubby is doing a big project where he needs one of his long lists of email address - and he can't access it as it's in the old windows outlook dbx format.

I've tried downloading a couple of trial programmes that 'say' they will read these files, but so far with no success.

Computer buffs - any suggestions?

Many thanks

Sue
    Which programs have you tried? Have you thought of converting .dbx to .doc so you can see it in MS Word?
    Last edited by Neil; 01-12-2012 at 07:25 PM.

I've tried converting it to something else, not to worry Hubby is now in process of creating the list from scratch again. At least this way it will be completely up to date.

Just thought if there was an easy way to see the lists it would have helped. Thanks anyway.
    Sue

To open, read, scan, export dbx files you may use next utility http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/repai...k_express.html