Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harness Brands?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Frogkid View Post
    ... Trying to find him a wee coat at the moment nothing dear as he will grow out of it no time but wanted something for him venturing out next week! ...!
    Off topic, but I got both of my dogs Danish Design 2 in 1 coats with removable fleece liners. Whilst I bought Alfie a 16 inch coat, I got Lexie a 14 inch coat that she will grow in to.

I simply put a few stitches in to reduce the chest width and neck hole size, and raised the sides a little.
    I’ve already reduces the amount of stitching twice

Danish Design 2-1-Dog-Coat-Removable-Fleece-Layer

Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Oo thanks mark I'll give eBay a look later. I was going to get Alfie a 12 inch now as pretty sure anything bigger will totally swamp him til he grows up a bit hence cheaper the better as he will grow pretty quick then again the weather will get better in a few months too!!
    Fiona

B/W Collie - Danny DOB 02/08/2010
    Ruby Cavalier - Alfie DOB 02/12/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ellis View Post
    Personally, I use collars. I always take collars off as soon as we get home to stop them becomeing trapped or snagged on anything.
    I prefer the Trixie collar as the buckle feeds through the ring before clicking the buckle together. This gives a strip of collar behind the buckle and stops trapping hair as you buckle up

My pair are also chipped, an important thing that should always be done
    I actually picked up one of those exact collars when getting the initial items from PAH, along with a crate, leash, toys etc... The reason behind asking about the harness was purely after hearing online that can cause stress/tension around the dogs neck? I don't have first hand evidence of this but wouldn't want to risk anything like that.

Knowing plenty of other people use collars too is reassuring, seems it's more just preference than anything else? I like the idea of the harness for the dogs comfort. That too would be removed as soon as we're at home.
    Brand new to the world of Cavaliers, as my post no doubt shows! - Dave

Question Trixie collar

Quote Originally Posted by davemcnally View Post
    I actually picked up one of those exact collars when getting the initial items from PAH, ....
    This is the extra material on the Trixie collars, that helps to stop hair from being trapped when you buckle up

Unhappy

And two buckles from Alfie's collars that Lexie decided to chew through

They were both in the car with Alfie wearing it when Lexie chewed the second one

Thanks for the info, Mark! I'm still unsure on collar or harness but I've got plenty of info on both
    Brand new to the world of Cavaliers, as my post no doubt shows! - Dave