Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Bogus Puppy buyer

  1. #1

    Default Bogus Puppy buyer

    I wonder if anybody can help me please? In the last few weeks I read somewhere about a lady who is going round buying puppies and then advertising them for sale on the internet at a higher price. I can't remember all the details but I think she was somewhere in the north west and she was asking for all the health details, copy of scans, heart & eye tests so that she could demand more money for them. Stupidly I didn't make a note of this lady's name but wondered if anybody else had anymore details please?

    Thanks

    Elaine Waddington
    Spindlepoint CKCS UK

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Near Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    I wonder if anybody can help me please? In the last few weeks I read somewhere about a lady who is going round buying puppies and then advertising them for sale on the internet at a higher price. I can't remember all the details but I think she was somewhere in the north west and she was asking for all the health details, copy of scans, heart & eye tests so that she could demand more money for them. Stupidly I didn't make a note of this lady's name but wondered if anybody else had anymore details please?

    Thanks

    Elaine Waddington
    Spindlepoint CKCS UK

    Elaine. email or ring me ncraigowl@btinternet.com

  3. #3

    Default

    Hello, I understand, that I am from another country, but you're also constantly encounter with false buyers also, tell me, please, how to protect puppies from a scam. I worry because I plan puppies in the future and recently called the man to me and asked about the puppy, he wants to buy the girl, then to breed and sell. He did not read about the breed on the site, nothing knows about it - simply wants to sell puppies for have money. How do you protect yourself from such a scam???? What items should be included in the Contract to protect the puppies from these people?

    Thank you
    Irina
    I am sorry, I wrote in the wrong section could be????

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Llandrindod Wells
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Inna sadly you can't protect yourself or your puppies. People will tell you, want they think, you want to hear. Even with a comprehensive sales contract are you prepared to take them to court ? Tou can only attempt to do your best, trust your own judgment, and rely on recommendations from people you know and trust. If you have ANY doubts no matter how insignificant they feel at the time DON'T sell them a puppy.
    Bridgette Evans
    Svena CKCS

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgette View Post
    Inna sadly you can't protect yourself or your puppies. People will tell you, want they think, you want to hear. Even with a comprehensive sales contract are you prepared to take them to court ? Tou can only attempt to do your best, trust your own judgment, and rely on recommendations from people you know and trust. If you have ANY doubts no matter how insignificant they feel at the time DON'T sell them a puppy.
    Thanks for the answer, Bridgette, I understand that the no one contract does not protect from scams. More and more people are finding many ways to cheat-it's awful, it's animal industry-I saw a farm from a Cavalier on the Internet -it is horrible and scary! Experienced breeders can very well distinguish a scam from decent people, and young just learning! Intuition comes with age, but I think MOM's intuition is strong too and this will help in the selection of new owners for Cavalier puppies! I found the Forum a contract buying a puppy-a very interesting, there are moments that I want to include and modify contracts for our country, I only need to translate into Russian language. Thank you so much for helping young breeders

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    yorkshire/england
    Posts
    75

    Default

    maybe dont lets your dogs breed? unless you have onwers lined up who are close friends or family?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Llandrindod Wells
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
    maybe dont lets your dogs breed? unless you have onwers lined up who are close friends or family?
    Mary Jane - Fine in theory, I have an extensive waiting list sadly my bitches don't always produce what people are waiting for and rarely get more than one or two bitches.
    Bridgette Evans
    Svena CKCS

  8. #8

    Default

    French laws of sale don't permit much in the way of restrictive contacts. Most of the pups I've bred here have gone to "strangers", but they have been people who've had the right "feel" and I've been from happy to ecstatic with the follow up. One went to friends of a local tradesman and I get regular updates. One or two have gone to fellow breeders, people with whom I've felt confident.

    Personally I HATE having a waiting list as I never get what I want, let alone what anyone else wants. I never used to be superstitious, but now I am over some things.

    In 2004 I sold a ruby bitch to a lovely woman who, three years later, asked for a black and tan bitch. I didn't have any litters planned and suggested another breeder.

    That year, 2007, Tulsa had a litter of two dogs, one ruby, one black and tan. Hazel had earlier had a litter with a black and tan bitch but she was sold before Mme G had contacted me.

    The next litter was born to Bijou in 2009: two ruby dogs.

    I mated Bijou twice, once in 2010 and once in 2011 and she missed both times.

    Mme G phoned me in January 2012 to tell me she'd bought a black and tan from someone else; ironically the breeder I'd suggested earlier!

    Bijou was mated on 21 January 2012 and Hula, the ONLY puppy, a black and tan bitch, was born on 22 March 2012.

    When people ask about puppies I generally suggest they phone later when I am likely to have a litter OR direct them to the club web site and the SCC website and I WILL not put them on a list.

    Jane

  9. #9

    Default

    Yes, maybe, but all that is happening for the first time-it's always scary!!!!
    When I gave birth first child-I was afraid - that he would not run, not to fall and so on, when the second-I realize that he needs more freedom and less control! I ask because people are different, and now a lot of scam and they do attract people, who might well make it look decent man ...This is really sad! Because puppies are children and their fate will always excite you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •