Thread: Fun dog shows

Default Fun dog shows

Do fun dog shows have to be licensed by The Kennel club if they have pedigree variety classes as one by me this Sat states not licensed under The Kennel club?
    http://www.caerwysshow.co.uk/sections.htm
    Katrina Edwards
    (Trehys Cavaliers)

Blog Entries

It doesn't make a scrap of difference, so far as I know, whether pedigree classes are included or not in a 'Fun Dog Show'. It is the choice of the organisers whether a show is an unlicensed Fun Show or whether they hold a 'Companion Dog Show, which must include at least 4 pedigree classes and be licensed by the Kennel Club and governed by their rules and regulations. Fun Shows are exactly what the name implies, informal competitions for pedigree and/or cross bred dogs and consisting of whatever classes the organisers feel should be included.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Default Fun Dog Shows

We have a Fun Dog Show which is part of Ham Fair. We have pedigree and non pedigree classes. The first year I dutifully applied for a KC licence but as the Fair is insured the really did not seem to be much point so we run it without now and the money saved goes into the pot to distribute to local charities.
    It is pretty chaotic but great fun, we have a local resident Lady Annabel Goldsmith who presents the BIS pedigree rosette and this year she is to choose the dog she would most like yto take home with her !
    Good luck , have fun !!

Blog Entries

That sounds really good. I just love the chaotic ones so much says she with very evil grin on face! Makes a change from the often highly organised life I lead out of the show ring.

I wish Ham and Richmond weren't so far away, otherwise I would have loved to have been there. One local one I took Little Joe to was a good example. A friend of mine was judging, so I got the schedule in good time before the event, so was able to turn up looking smart and well turned out for the Best Six Legs class. Friend looked at me and realised I was the only one not in tatty jeans and tee shirt and realised people knew we were friends and might not like it if she gave me the class. Thinking on her feet, she told us all to roll up our trouser legs so she could choose the best six legs. There was a good laugh all round and, not surprisingly, I was not placed.
    Last edited by ByFloSin; 06-07-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Thanks for your replies guys much appreciated
    Katrina Edwards
    (Trehys Cavaliers)

Quote Originally Posted by trehys01 View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys much appreciated
    Just looked at your link Katrina. It says the show has been cancelled due to water logged ground. What a disappointmnet for all invloved! These shows are such a great way to spend the day. Norma