Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Hull View Post
...YOU NEVER SWAY FROM YOUR INTERPRETATION OF WHAT YOU NEGATIVELY CHOOSE TO ACCEPT AS 100% CORRECT.

Others keep an open mind, we read, learn, digest, adjust, or agree to disagree.... but YOU do none of these things even when you are clearly mistaken or just plain wrong.
For the last time.... DRY EYE CAN be caused by nothing more than OLD AGE, and before you come back for the umpteenth time with the same old quotes, for God's sake at least read up about it. ...
Veronica, first of all, I don't make this stuff up. If it has not been written by veterinary researchers, I don't cite it. If the researchers split on an issue, I cite both sides.

Secondly, I've never read any veterinary research article that has found that old age is a cause of dry eye. So, if you know of any veterinary research articles that find that dry eye can be caused by nothing more than old age, please cite them to me (in lower case -- i.e., non-screaming --type, thank you). I have looked for such articles, and I have not found any of them.

What I have found is that dry eye in older dogs is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks the lacrimal gland. Read about it here:

http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proce...2991&O=Generic

I suggest that you pay particular attention to this section of that article:

What Causes KCS?

The vast majority of KCS cases are caused by the body's own immune system i.e., an autoimmune disease directed against the lacrimal gland. Work done in the early 1980s showed that there was a strong mononuclear cell infiltrate of lymphocytes and plasma cells into the lacrimal gland suggesting an autoimmune basis.

There also seems to be a strong breed predilection for dry eye. Breeds predisposed include Bull terriers, Cocker Spaniels, English Bull dogs, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Lhasa Apsos, Shih Tzus and West Highland White Terriers amongst other breeds.