Thread: Breed Mate Databases

Default Breed Mate Databases

Hi
    I was wondering if some of you could help me? I know a lot of UK breeders use this. I purchased a copy of Breed Mate and I got the Cavalier database that was on the breedmate site. When browsing through the database I immediately noticed that this isn’t a current one anymore. Does anyone know how or where to get more up-to-date and/or current databases? I used to use Cavalierpedigrees.com, but you can’t calculate the coi anymore and it has become a bit restricted. That’s why I choose Breed Mate. Or is this the case that every breeder has their own built-up database with their own dogs in it? Thank you for your answers!

Christophe, Bengal's Cavaliers, Belgium

Hi Christophe

I use Breedmate but a lot of it is information I've put in. Tom used to work on it and he imported a huge amount of data from someone in the USA. You're welcome to have a copy of my database, but I am not guaranteeing its accuracy as I have found errors in some name spellings, which is quite important!

I didn't know there were breed databases for sale with breedmate, but I bought it a looong time ago.

Jane.

There are such a lot of inaccuracies I am afraid, even the BRS are guilty occasionally.
    I use Breeders Assistant so not much help unfortunately.
    Warm wishes,
    Ruth

Hi Jane, could you send it to me again, there was no attachment. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Janelise View Post
    Hi Christophe

I use Breedmate but a lot of it is information I've put in. Tom used to work on it and he imported a huge amount of data from someone in the USA. You're welcome to have a copy of my database, but I am not guaranteeing its accuracy as I have found errors in some name spellings, which is quite important!

I didn't know there were breed databases for sale with breedmate, but I bought it a looong time ago.

Jane.

I've tried sending my BreedMate file to Christophe but it won't go through, not even zipped. Can one of our cyber gurus figure out how I can get this him? Thanks
    Sue

Susan Shidler
    AKC Breeder of Merit
    SevenWoods Cavaliers
    Mettawa, IL USA