Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Ignorance of some people

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ham Richmond Surrey
    Posts
    35

    Default Ignorance of some people

    Yesterday I was at my Vets with my oldest 12 year old girlie for a second visit,
    she had passed out/collapsed at the beginning of a walk on Saturday, spark out but praise be I had not let the other 5 off lead and was able to bundle them back into the car and go straight to the Vet,after oxygen she was much more herself and we think it is due to cardiac arythmia as her lungs are clear so no treatment just rest but talk about timing as we are to fly to Sydney for our daughter's wedding next Monday ! I am so worried about leaving my darling although she will be well looked after.

    Anyway, saw a small dog emerging from the consult room, is it a Cavalier I asked, no, has a white poodle dad and a Blenheim mum ! Such a sad looking little creature, snipey nose, weedy as anything, brown and white and really small, chosen I was informed to avoid health problems ! Purchased no doubt for a lot of money from a greedy ignorant uncaring breeder

  2. #2

    Unhappy



    I think this is where the Kennel Club needs to do a lot of work on informing Jo/Joe public of the facts behind health issues.

    Two breeds mated means two lots of generic health issues
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

    Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    .
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ellis View Post


    I think this is where the Kennel Club needs to do a lot of work on informing Jo/Joe public of the facts behind health issues.

    Two breeds mated means two lots of generic health issues
    Absolutely Mark.....and pretty much an unknown quantity in terms of family history

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ham Richmond Surrey
    Posts
    35

    Default Ignorance of some people

    Quote Originally Posted by EllieMillhill View Post
    Absolutely Mark.....and pretty much an unknown quantity in terms of family history
    I was trying to say to them that in mixing 2 breeds they might get double the problems but the husband who was sorting out their bill was quite angry at my intervention and hustled his partner and pathetic puppy out of the door It looked as if the Cavalier part of this puppy must have been pretty unrecognisable as a Cavalier to most of us

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburb, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korolevsky View Post
    I was trying to say to them that in mixing 2 breeds they might get double the problems but the husband who was sorting out their bill was quite angry at my intervention and hustled his partner and pathetic puppy out of the door It looked as if the Cavalier part of this puppy must have been pretty unrecognisable as a Cavalier to most of us
    There is a doggie boutique in my town with an owner who is very proud of her ties with a breeder of "designer dogs", and was thrilled to find out that I bred Cavaliers. Would I like to provide stud service to her friend for his Cavachon and Cavapoo breeding programs??
    Sue

    Susan Shidler
    AKC Breeder of Merit
    SevenWoods Cavaliers
    Mettawa, IL USA

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SevenWoods View Post
    There is a doggie boutique in my town with an owner who is very proud of her ties with a breeder of "designer dogs", and was thrilled to find out that I bred Cavaliers. Would I like to provide stud service to her friend for his Cavachon and Cavapoo breeding programs??
    I would so like to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation ...
    Sheena Stevens

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburb, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madam Grump View Post
    I would so like to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation ...
    I know my face got red because I could feel it. I tried to be polite and just got out of there as fast as possible. I mumbled something about not believing that it was a good idea to mix the breeds because of the health issues as I was backing out the door. I knew that if I stayed there any longer it wouldn't be pretty.
    Sue

    Susan Shidler
    AKC Breeder of Merit
    SevenWoods Cavaliers
    Mettawa, IL USA

  8. #8

    Default

    I’m on an English language Google group for advice and small ads in this region. Often there are questions from people new to France who don’t understand things here…… This advert appeared today and yes, I did respond: I gave some details of the law pertaining to breeding dogs and hope it was enough to put her off.

    “My dog wants to be a Daddy

    I have a 13 month old Lhasa Apso (Male) who would love to be a Daddy. He is a purebred without papers.

    Is there anyone out there who has a female who would like to be a Mommy?

    I am in La Tour Blanche“

    I suspect the person may be American, as she used the word “Mommy”

    Jane

  9. #9

    Exclamation Spay and neuter

    Quote Originally Posted by Janelise View Post
    ...

    “My dog wants to be a Daddy ...
    Jane
    Feel free to share this little beauty

    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

    Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    .
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korolevsky View Post
    I was trying to say to them that in mixing 2 breeds they might get double the problems ...
    Just for you

    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

    Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    .
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •