Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Past masters

Default Past masters

There were some fabulous Cavaliers around in the UK in the 80s/90s. Video cameras were the rage then and Gordon and I spent many hours ringside filming. Last year when talking with Sandra and David (Moger) we decided to bring the films into the 21st Century. With David's expertise, he produced 2 films. Pictures of dogs of the past are great but nowhere as good as seeing the real thing. Here are some of our favourite dogs from that era.

PART ONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo4r1BXBDmw&feature=share

PART TWO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5rR2MdX7us&feature=relmfu

Quote Originally Posted by craigowl View Post
    There were some fabulous Cavaliers around in the UK in the 80s/90s. Video cameras were the rage then and Gordon and I spent many hours ringside filming. Last year when talking with Sandra and David (Moger) we decided to bring the films into the 21st Century. With David's expertise, he produced 2 films. Pictures of dogs of the past are great but nowhere as good as seeing the real thing. Here are some of our favourite dogs from that era.

PART ONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo4r1BXBDmw&feature=share

PART TWO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5rR2MdX7us&feature=relmfu
    Wonderful Norma! Thank you to David for putting this together, and a special Thank You to Joyce Boardman for the entertaining Agility round!
    Elspeth

These are wonderful. Thank you for posting.

Smile Great stuff !

I loved this and have saved the links for future re-viewing - many, many thanks to all involved in the preparation

Lovely to have all of these films together - I had only seen them before in bits and pieces

To all the newbies out there, I would say get around this and then perhaps you will begin to understand that nearly all of the current crop of so-called 'wonders' are actually nothing of the sort
    Jenny at Erinport
    Where Excellence Without Exaggeration Counts

Default Confused

Sorry - but I am a little confused. You have Homerbrent Jester down as champion, but the red book of UK champions does not have Jester down, H. Jaspar, though the markings does not look like Jaspar.

I am interested because my father gave Jester a CC/ online research I found he went to France, and was a French champion I believe.

Would be interested if someone can make this clear for me.
    Thanks for videos
    Roger Middleton

I have the French book of Champions and Homerbrent Jester, a tricolour dog born on 20 August 1986, was indeed a French Champion, owned by our current club President, Mme Sylvie Desserne.

That was a pretty good achievement, as until 1999 there could only be four Cavalier champions per year, two dogs and two bitches!

Jane
    Last edited by Janelise; 10-15-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Sorry - but I am a little confused. You have Homerbrent Jester down as champion, but the red book of UK champions does not have Jester down, H. Jaspar, though the markings does not look like Jaspar.

I am interested because my father gave Jester a CC/ online research I found he went to France, and was a French champion I believe.

Would be interested if someone can make this clear for me.
    Thanks for videos
    Roger Middleton
    Roger...I will check later today. Jester did go to France and got made up and he was the father of Jaspar. It may be that David made a mistake when adding the names! Will take a look. There were a lot of tris around with J names....Joker, Jaspr, Jester, Jeremy >Bg Norma

It is indeed Homerbrent Jester and he was of course a Ch! I will see if David can add FR Champion. If I recall Jaspar had distinct markings....a white side and a blanketed side. Norma
    Last edited by craigowl; 10-15-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Forgot to say I wish I could see the videos - sadly, the signal here isn't wonderful so I've seen 44 seconds and it's been buffering for half an hour

Jane

Can't thank you enough, Norma. I find it heartening to see the similarities between the dogs on the film and those in my house. I do prefer the "old" look and glad i still have it!

How do I save them to my computer and/or disc? I'm so pitifully inept at technology
    Sue

Susan Shidler
    AKC Breeder of Merit
    SevenWoods Cavaliers
    Mettawa, IL USA