Thread: Video - How to apply Advocate spot on treatment

Smile Video - How to apply Advocate spot on treatment

Advocate day yesterday. Made this video up of how to apply it to the dog's skin

Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Nice video, Mark. I know it's awful when people make comments, but I'd suggest that the packaging (and in particular the used tube cap) isn't left anywhere even faintly near where a dog could get at it. Some of us who don't have dogs as well behaved as yours (and OF COURSE that's not me) know that they will lick, sniff, chew and swallow anything they can get!
    Sheena Stevens

Blog Entries

My lot think it's all a game of wiggling and jiggling to make it as difficult as possible for me to apply the product, so I keep their necks still by using the grooming noose.

I only make one parting and let the liquid run down. Never thought of making several.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Quote Originally Posted by Madam Grump View Post
    Nice video, Mark. I know it's awful when people make comments, but I'd suggest that the packaging (and in particular the used tube cap) isn't left anywhere even faintly near where a dog could get at it. Some of us who don't have dogs as well behaved as yours (and OF COURSE that's not me) know that they will lick, sniff, chew and swallow anything they can get!
    I'm always open to constructive criticism, and welcome it Someone on Facebook has suggest a verbal narrative, as they prefer hearing aural to reading the written word.

Interviews start on Monday

I think what some dogs don't like is that there is a little alcohol in the product so when it evaporates it makes a cold spot.

Anyone who finds putting Spot on treatment on on a dog should try putting eye drops in a Rhodesian Ridegback's eye. She sees the moment I get the bottle out of the cupboard and gets in her bed under the kitchen table, and then when I get under there with her she shoots out and gets in her Varikennel, which I can't get in too! She might only weigh 30 something kilos but keeping her still is nigh on impossible. I have taken to the unfair ruse of getting a morsel of cheese or something, and when she comes to me I get astride her and grip her neck with my legs - sounds undignified, but she can't wriggle out. Then I turn her head a little and hold the dropper above her eye and drop until two have gone in; forget trying to hold the eyelid open. Then I give her more cheese but she makes such a fuss you'd think I was really hurting her. On the plus side, the eye looks perfectly fine now and the last drops are tomorrow.

None of mine bother about Advocate; they just give a shake when I've finished. I do, though, put them in individual crates or rooms until it is totally dry, just in case they decide to play together. With Tchi, because she's bigger, I put some at the base of her spine as well. It is actually hard to get to skin: although in comparison with a Cavalier a Ridgeback has a sparse coat, it is quite harsh and when you part it is certainly uncomfortable as it pulls at the skin a little. I'm glad to say that Tchi is patient with that, although her skin "flicks", in the same way that a horse's does, as I do it. Her skin flicks if a fly lands on it too. I've not known another breed do that, even those with similarish coats: Fr├ęderic's Dobermanns don't.

Jane

By making a number of partings and applying the Advocate in thin lines, helps to stop the dogs from shacking it off

And it makes the coat dry a lot quicker than in the days when I used to make just one parting