Thread: Sticky Buddy - pet hair remover

Lightbulb Sticky Buddy - pet hair remover

I saw this hair collector advertised on TV the other night. Wondered if anyone had tried one yet

Those easily offended should not follow this link to watch a dubbed version of the extended advert

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nQNH2U3BMc
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

There is a customer's review here

Looks wonderful.... ideal infact. Would be good to know if it is as good as it looks.
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Quote Originally Posted by julieb7 View Post
    Looks wonderful.... ideal infact. Would be good to know if it is as good as it looks.
    I posted the same question in the Companion Dog Club group's Facebook page.

One person replied
    they are brilliant i use them regularly never had one that lasted a life time though, the sticky does go after a few months, and you have to add washing liquid to it to get the hair off, but they definitely get the fluff off as the advert demonstrates.
    Waiting to hear how anyone gets on with cavalier hair in fleeces etc

By fleeces do you mean stuff like Vet Bed, Mark? If you've got a tumble dryer just give them a tumble on a cold setting/towards the end of the drying cycle - this blows dog hair out quite nicely.

Rosemary

Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    By fleeces do you mean stuff like Vet Bed, Mark? If you've got a tumble dryer just give them a tumble on a cold setting/towards the end of the drying cycle - this blows dog hair out quite nicely.

Rosemary
    Rosemary, In the other thread I meant Fleece as in coat. But Alfie has this skill of twisting and rolling on his back so that his hair goes through the quilt cover that is supposed to be protecting the settee, and then weaves itself into the settee's own fabric

I had one of those ordinary sticky things but didn't like it very much, and find a rubber bristled "clothes brush" works better. A tumble dryer is quite good for getting dog hairs off many items - on a cold setting. I don't have much experience of getting them off fleeces. Although I only have carpet upstairs, the dog and cat hairs migrate and by FAR the best way of getting them off is a plain old ordinary nylon scrubbing brush, damp. It works brilliantly; scrub in a circualr motion and you'll be amazed at what it picks up: the carpet can look "hairless" and there they are, little fine Cavalier hairs.

I have leather sofas: they just need a clean with saddle soap and then a polish with some sort of leather cleaner. We did have one with a dralon cover and a vacuum cleaner took all the hair off that effectively, even the Mastiff hair, which is far worse than Cavalier hair as the longer guard hairs are virtually barbed all along their length. I quite like the idea of a sofa with loose covers that can be taken off and washed, but they don't seem to be made in my price range!

Jane