Thread: Soft doll for Fancy dress class

Question Soft doll for Fancy dress class

Does anyone know who the owner is of the cavalier in fancy dress in the attached photo cavy-fancy-dress.jpg

I'm wondering what size this doll is 12 inches or more than that

I want to make Alfie into Saint George's steed for the fancy dress class in the fun shows this year.

www.dorsetdog.com/dorset-in-england
    Last edited by Mark Ellis; 05-05-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Sorted
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

I went to the car boot earlier, and got these two for 60 p. Need to get some felt and stuff now. Hadn't realised that there are so many dolls for sale at car boots

z-DSCF8413.jpg z-DSCF8414.jpg z-DSCF8416.jpg

Alfie doesn't look too impressed......
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Maybe he' d rather be the dragon, Julie!

The obedience training classes that I used to take my first Cavaliers to, used to have fancy dress competitions at our Christmas party. The standards of some of the outfits were fantastic; my most impressive effort was to dress my Blenheim, Barney, up as a St Bernard: he had a little coat with a red cross on each side, a stretcher with a "wounded " toy Snoopy dog belonging to my husband, and carried a brandy barrel made from two plastic steak & kidney pie basins round his neck. He was the only one of my boys who would happily submit to dressing up, though Russie and Rowan were relatively happy wearing Cavalier hats and lace collars if there were sufficient bribes on offer...

I hope you have as much fun, Mark, as we used to.

Rosemary

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by julieb7 View Post
    Alfie doesn't look too impressed......
    Alfie is always happiest when he's sleeping on my chest, or upside down on the settee. Anything else can be hard work to raise a smile

My first idea was for Alifie to be St George, and for Lexie to be the dragon. But as they both came out of West Wales, I didn't want to upset the Welsh over the sleighing of a red dragon

I once judged an exemption show where there was a fancy dress class and the efforts people had made were incredible. My winner was Noddy and Big Ears: the American Cocker sat in the car all the time! He really seemed to be enjoying himself. I was amused at the Corgi cross being a Pearly Queen.

At one of the Southern Cavalier club fun days there was a whole bridal party; bride, groom, bridesmaids etc. Their Owners had gone to a lot of trouble and I’m sure I have photos somewhere, but can’t find them.

One of the Mastiff club fun days had a fancy dress competition: I didn’t enter Tally in that: we’d entered a lot of other classes. I’m still not sure how Tally and I came third in dog and owner most alike…… my step grandson Scott, about nine then, was thrilled to be third in junior handling. The fancy dress there was brilliant: a Hawaiian girl with a hula skirt, a boxer with satin shorts and boxing gloves on his feet (how they stayed on I don’t know!) but the absolute winner was a big brindle dog as Dennis the Menace, complete with black wig. Another time at a local exemption show I entered Tally, who was about 9 at the time, as an old lady with a floppy hat, baggy cardigan and handbag. She didn’t get placed. A certain well known all rounder judge who had some young puppies (good, cheap training for summer shows on grass, she said) suggested it was below Tally’s dignity!

It has occurred to me that some of these fancy dress outfits may only be known to the British.

Jane
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Janelise; 05-06-2013 at 05:34 PM.

patient!.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ellis View Post
    Alfie is always happiest when he's sleeping on my chest, or upside down on the settee. Anything else can be hard work to raise a smile
    That sounds very much like Bertie.. Always sits and look at you with a sad looking face on
    Julie, Peter,
    Sydney & Harvey - Jake 21.02.11 - Bertie 21.11.16

Smile Slide show of fancy dress snaps

I've taken some snaps over the last 12 months of fancy dress

Click this line to see some photos of the fancy dress outfits that I snapped last year