Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malware email warning

Exclamation Malware email warning

Had a funny email today. If you get one with a number, the time and document as the subject then please handle with care

Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

On a boat, out there, operating without any decent restraint, well Notts

Mark
    Send it to me and I'll open it and see what it does.

Also if you get a phone call from someone claiming you are sending out tons of bad emails and your service will be stopped if you don't let them fix it..... I wasted an hour and half of their time.... It is also a scam. Just put the phone down and if they phone back you are allowed to become abusive, that's my rule anyway

I have two responses to cold calls ... "I'm sorry, I can't discuss this now, I'm terribly busy." The other is, "I'm afraid I'm not prepared to discuss it. Thank you for calling."
    Sheena Stevens

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Madam Grump View Post
    I have two responses to cold calls ... "I'm sorry, I can't discuss this now, I'm terribly busy." The other is, "I'm afraid I'm not prepared to discuss it. Thank you for calling."
    Very restrained responses Sheena. Wish I could be so polite.

I wound up one persistent call centre worker (? Asian) a few days ago. I did explain that I subscribe to the Telephone Preference Service and that he should not be calling me, but he would not give up, so I got out and continuously used the dog clicker training device with the 'phone on speaker. Instead of giving up the man stuck like glue to his script while I was clicking away. This went on for a couple of minutes. As I needed to get him off the 'phone so that I could make some calls myself I told him very firmly, using universally understood expletives what I think of unwanted sales calls and those who make them. It did the trick because not only did he clear the line but the unwanted calls have completely stopped, so somebody has got the message.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

I recently had someone phone who said that they were from Microsoft and had discovered that my computer had been infected with a virus so could I turn it on and they would speak me through the process of cleaning it.
    In a rather rough voice I said, "You must be joking mate. I ain't got a f*******g computer. I've just come out of prison and I ain't got any f******g money".
    They immediately hung up!
    Dennis

Good one Dennis!

I don't think they sound that polite the way I say them, Flo. And I do tend to cut the call off immediately I've said it. Of course, being so gently bred I couldn't possibly use the asterisks Dennis used.
    Sheena Stevens

Its a sneaky bit of code. What it does is turn off user account control, so any other bit of kit they try to send you installs itself un-announced by windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Leogem View Post
    I recently had someone phone who said that they were from Microsoft and had discovered that my computer had been infected with a virus so could I turn it on and they would speak me through the process of cleaning it.
    In a rather rough voice I said, "You must be joking mate. I ain't got a f*******g computer. I've just come out of prison and I ain't got any f******g money".
    They immediately hung up!
    Dennis
    What were you in the big house for Dennis?