Thread: Blenheim Palace

Blog Entries

Default Blenheim Palace

If all goes well I should at long last be visiting Blenheim Place in mid August. I am sure that many Chatters reading this will have visited already and can give me some advance information as to what (if any) Cavalier related parts of the Palace or rooms/exhibits I should head for while I am there. I am the trip organiser for a group of elderly people so my time 'on the loose' will be strictly limited, which is why it will help to know in advance what I should be looking for and where to find it please
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Blog Entries

Just bumping this up in case absent or busy friends haven't seen it. Am I really to believe that nobody on this Forum has ever been to Blenheim Palace? Even my non dog loving daughter has told me there are numerous paintings of Cavaliers to be seen. All I really need to know is WHERE ARE THEY?
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Hi Flo,
    When the Cavalier Club held their weekend extravaganza at Blenheim Palace three years ago there was so much going on that I didn't have time to actually go in the Palace. Tina and I decided at that time that we must go back and spend a whole day there as there's so much to see. But we still haven't been, although we are still hoping to. We have only been to the Palace once and that was about twenty eight years ago so I can't recall in what rooms the paintings of Cavaliers are in. The best thing is to spend the whole day there and take a leisurely look around the Palace and the beautiful gardens. That's what we will be doing.
    Dennis
    Last edited by Leogem; 07-29-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Ring them up and ask them...email them...I did look on the website but couldn't find anything specific...
    Sheena Stevens

Should you really call them (toy spaniels in old paintings) "Cavaliers"? I know that I speak heresy on here, but I think it misleads any newbies of future owners. (Just my view)

The ones at Blenheim were known as Marlborough Spaniels ... chestnut and white. So later called Blenheim ...
    Sheena Stevens