Thread: Lacrilube

Blog Entries

Default Lacrilube

As usual I went into my local Boots Chemist today for a tube of Lacrilube for Holly P, but I was told they are out of stock 'due to manufacturing difficulties', so I got a bus into Sutton Coldfield, where they have a bigger branch only to be told the same thing. I asked for Viscotears as an alternative, but they have sold out of that because there has been a rush on it due to the problem with Lacrilube.

Back in Erdington High Street there are 3 different pharmacies: When Lloyds told me they have Laci in stock I asked for 3 tubes, only to be told they only have one left in stock, so on I went to Superdrug, who initially told me they are out of stock, but then found a single tube at the back of the shelf. So I went on to the small family run pharmacy at the top of the road, where I am well known because I get all my prescriptions there. Not a problem at all in buying another 4 small tubes so now I have 6, which should last a couple of months.

Just thought I should let Chatters whose dogs have Dry Eye know that there is a problem.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Have you tried some of the online vet suppliers Flo - you may possibly do better with them as human users probably won't have thought of stampeding them? Alternatively as a stop-gap there are dry-eye artificial drops such as Liquifilm Tears which I've used (for me), and which might work as an emergency measure - maybe check with your vet?

(I had a major panic a few years ago when one of my eye presciptions dried up (pardon the pun) also due to manufacturing problems; I was in a major panic but my lovley dispenser managed to find some for me and I always keep a backup supply now... So I know how it must feel, eyes are such precious things, and you have my sympathy!

Rosemary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    Have you tried some of the online vet suppliers Flo - you may possibly do better with them as human users probably won't have thought of stampeding them? Alternatively as a stop-gap there are dry-eye artificial drops such as Liquifilm Tears which I've used (for me), and which might work as an emergency measure - maybe check with your vet?

(I had a major panic a few years ago when one of my eye presciptions dried up (pardon the pun) also due to manufacturing problems; I was in a major panic but my lovley dispenser managed to find some for me and I always keep a backup supply now... So I know how it must feel, eyes are such precious things, and you have my sympathy!

Rosemary
    After posting here someone on one of my other forums suggested I try on line. I struck gold with Amazon, who have several suppliers, in both sizes, with what look like plentiful stocks. You are of course quite right about the 'stempeding users'.

I did ask in Boots about alternative products but they weren't able to supply any of those either. I must say that neither of the sales assistants seemed to be the slightest bit interested either, notwithstanding that they thought I was buying the ointment for my own dry eye. It doesn't do to let Boots or some of the other chemists know that you want over the counter ointments for an animal, as say they're not licensed to supply animal medicines.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

The problem with Electronic Point Of Sale computer systems being allowed to control stock ordering, is that if a few tubes get lost in the store, the system will never reorder it - so the shelves stay empty.
    That was one of the downfalls of Focus DIY, who forever had empty spaces in shelves, and products mixed up in the wrong place - and staff who can't be bothered to sort and tidy the shelves
    Click this line to see Alfie's Picasa web photo albums

Click this line to see Alfie's You Tube videos
    Mark, and my Blen - Lexie DOB 7/07/11, and my B/T - Katie DOB 01/12/12

Blog Entries

That happens with reordering cheque books too. Cheques are dying out now, but a few years back I had a crisis with several shows to enter and not enough cheques to pay the fees. When I contacted the bank they told me if I hadn't used a certain encoded cheque near the back of the book, then a new one would not be ordered. They said the only way around it if I required a new book more urgently was to use the coded cheque next to incept the new book. The idiocy of it all was that when I asked which cheque is that the girl on inquiries told me she wasn't allowed to tell me.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

Hi Flo,

the moral to the cheque book story is to use the cheques from the back of the book first!

My French cheque book has an old fashioned slip halfway through the chequebook. There are choices for the next book, 30 or 40 cheques, and either a large or small stub for each cheque. I just counted; after this slip there are still 13 cheques to use! I wonder if that was deliberate? I can, and do, order them on line and they are sent recorded delivery, but I pay the delivery charge. I can collect from the bank free of charge.

I've only used about 25 cheques since April last year.

Jane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Janelise View Post
    Hi Flo,

the moral to the cheque book story is to use the cheques from the back of the book first!

My French cheque book has an old fashioned slip halfway through the chequebook. There are choices for the next book, 30 or 40 cheques, and either a large or small stub for each cheque. I just counted; after this slip there are still 13 cheques to use! I wonder if that was deliberate? I can, and do, order them on line and they are sent recorded delivery, but I pay the delivery charge. I can collect from the bank free of charge.

I've only used about 25 cheques since April last year.

Jane
    Hi Jane,

Yes, I sussed the use from the back idea and have a spare and unused book in the drawer with the current one, but I needn't have bothered because almost all the shows I enter now are accepting on line entries. I started the current book in January 2013 and have only used 12 cheques. Plastic has intervened to make paper almost obsolete and now of course there are contactless payments being introduced.

We have no choices whatsoever for the make up of new books. The last one I had, a year ago, contained 60 with small stubs, which I never use, because I record details on the list at the front of the book and in my own account book so that I can keep track of what I'm spending. My bank posts new cheque books out and, so far as I can tell, they do not charge for doing it.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo

My cheque books have re-order now slip towards the back Jane. I have fun because being left handed I can have left-handed cheque books too - when I used to use cheques regularly to pay for stuff these really confused people!

Rosemary

Went to the local Boots yesterday to get Lacrilube & Visco Tears for my little rescue girl & there wasn't a problem ,hope it continues that way .......
    Barbara

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara H View Post
    Went to the local Boots yesterday to get Lacrilube & Visco Tears for my little rescue girl & there wasn't a problem ,hope it continues that way .......
    Barbara
    Thanks for posting that Barbara. Perhaps the problem has now been solved or perhaps there never was a shortage at Boots' stores in N.I.?
    Warmest wishes
    Flo